November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
PANCREATIC CANCER PREVENTION
The recent loss of beloved actor Patrick Swayze to pancreatic cancer at age 57 is a sad but compelling prologue to November's Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. Called the "stealth cancer," pancreatic cancer accounts for just 2% of new U.S. cancer cases -- yet is the fourth leading cause of cancer deaths, in part because...the cancer is so difficult to detect (tucked behind the small intestine, the pancreas is a small organ which produces insulin and releases enzymes that help aid digestion). As prevention is key, here are a few things you can do to minimize your risk:
Vivix is all about Prevention
- Eat more tomatoes, watermelon and guava -- all top sources of lycopene, which can help protect the pancreas, according to a University of Montreal study.
- Eat more Portobello Mushrooms, canned salmon and sardines -- top sources of vitamin D.A study by Northwestern University shows 400 IU of vitamin D daily can cut pancreatic cancer risk by 43%. [Shaklee has just increased in all our nutritional products]
- Eat at least two cups of vegetables a day -- yams, carrots, onions and dark leafy greens – to halve your pancreatic cancer risk, according to a study funded by the National Cancer Institute. Other research suggests a protective benefit from spinach, onions and cabbage, which respectively contain antioxidants kaempferol, quercetin and myricetin.
- Load up on beans, artichokes and beets, which are among the top whole-food sources of folate, linked to lower pancreatic cancer risk.
Great Foods to Eat - Good & Good For You!
Borccoli Salid - Ingredients
- 1 head broccoli
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion or green onions
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar, cut into very small chunks [optional]
- 1 cup Vegenaise from health food store or [mayonnaise]
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute with Stevia
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim off the large leaves from the broccoli stem. Peal the tough stalk at the end and wash broccoli head thoroughly. Cut the head into flowerets and the stem into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add the crumbled crispy bacon, onion, Craisins if using, and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
Broccoli's protective powers extend far beyond your lungs.The same compound can help protect diabetics' blood vessels from the kind of damage that quadruples their risk of heart disease.Eating just a half cup of broccoli a week could halve prostate cancer risk.Broccoli also helps strengthen the blood brain barrier, which protects the brain in the event of a head injury.
PROMOTES COLON HEALTH
THE WORLDS BEST FOUNDATION for HEALTH
Get vitalized, protect your heart and strengthen your immunity*
The Shaklee Vitalizer Wellness Pack with Energizing Soy Protein Vanilla shake mix is a simple three step nutrition program to provide vitality and to help you look and feel better.*
Step 1 is Vitalizer. 80 bio-optimized nutrients clinically proven to create a foundation for a longer healthier life. With the S.M.A.R.T delivery system and based on 12 Shaklee clinical studies, Vitalizer delivers the right nutrients, to the right place at the right time.*
Step 2 is NutriFeron. A breakthrough in immune science, NutriFeron strengthens your immune system by naturally boosting the body's natural production of interferon*
Step 3 is Energizing Soy Protein shake mix. Protein is an essential building block for health that is critical for muscle retention, immunity and virtually every other function in the body. Energizing Soy Protein provides a healthy protein boost in a great-tasting, convenient shake mix.
We even have a very successful "90 Days to Wellness" plan which includes a body cleanse & Shaklee's Rx for a healthier life. The Rx is just like the above package accept in includes VIVIX.
Shaklee Foundational Supplements
John & Teri Norsworthy- Health & Wellness coach
We are Shaklee Independant Distributers
Helping friends & family look & feel younger & have more energy.
SOME SIGNS TO LOOK FOR PANCREATIC CANCER
Symptoms could include:
IS THIS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR?
"PICUTRE PERFECT POOP"
This subject happens to be one that TV star Dr. Oz speaks on quite frequently
Here is an excerpt from an article I read recently written by Christine Gaber, RHN that intrigued me! I hope it does not offend you but it on a subject I have often wondered about. Proper Elimination is a very important aspect of having a healthy body! But none of us want to confer on such a sensitive subject.
Subject is: Picture Perfect Poop
- Your bodies should be carrying about 5 meals at a time
- When you put meal number 6 in one should come out.
- So when you eat one meal, you should release a meal
What should Picture Perfect Poop look like? What you always wanted
(hope this does not gross you out) Here is a little test…………see how you measure up!
- About 10 inches long (like a banana)
- 1 ½ inches in diameter (the size of a clean healthy colon)
- Consistency similar to toothpaste (almost spongy looking)
- Floats mid-way in the toilet bowl*
- Be golden brown in color (depending upon dietary choices)
- Requires no straining or strenuous pushing
- Has no foul odor
- Does not require any toilet paper
- Should only take a minute or two
- Should eliminate about 2 pounds of stool each day (depending on intake)
* Note: Sinkers may be due to too little fiber. Floaters may be due to too much undigested FAT.
* How did you do on the little test? Is there hope for your situation?
Yes, Lots…..If you want to know more just drop me a note or give me a call
You know, there are two major Health plans up in the air right now. There is the "health care plan" Shaklee scientest have developed as a result of the 50 year landmark study and then there is the "Desease Treatment plan" that the Doctors are trained to do. Which of these are you buying into?
With the changing times, business as usual has to change! It starts with not allowing the circumstances of life or this economy to determine our success. It starts with us taking control of our own lives, minds, habits, attitudes, and belief systems. It starts with a decision to change.
We have a vehicle that will take you beyond the limitations of where you think you can go. All you have to do is get in and turn the key and start driving towards a better life for you and those you care most about. Teri