Name: Robyn L Trask
Position: Executive Director and Editor, Loving More Non-Profit and Magazine®
Robyn Trask resides in Loveland Colorado on a small 11 acre ranch with her partner Jesus, three children, two horses, numerous sheep, four cats and two dogs. She has two other long term partners that do not live with her but are a part of their extended family.
Robyn Trask is the Executive Director of Loving More® Non-Profit and Managing Editor of Loving More Magazine since October 2004. She was the president and founder of the Victorian Manor, a wedding chapel and catering business in Katy Texas, from 1988 to 1993. In 1993 she sold the wedding chapel to move back to Colorado where she spent much of her childhood. She opened Robyn Trask Photography in 1990 and did photography professionally until 2002 when she opened New Visions Center for Personal and Spiritual Growth before taking over Loving More.
As Director of Loving More, Robyn works to bring awareness to the public about polyamory and provide support to people exploring or living a polyamorous lifestyle. Robyn with Loving More produces three or more conferences each year as well as a seminar series or one day educational events. In addition she edits and publishes Loving More Magazine. These various projects put Robyn in touch with polyamorous people and communities throughout the US and the world. With her connections to relationship facilitators, polyamory activists and other alternative relationship organizations Robyn has extensive knowledge of polyamory, the polyamory community and current trends within the movement. Robyn and Loving More work both as a networking organization and liaison between the different and diverse poly communities.
Robyn was never monogamous by nature but it was not until age 24 that she came to terms with being polyamorous or non-monogamous. She was in a polyamorous open marriage for 18 years. Currently she has three partners; Jesus V Garcia (her primary partner and partner with Loving More) and two long distance partners one of whom she has been in a 26 year relationship.
Since 1999 Robyn has facilitated and taught workshops on Polyamory. She has been a presenter at Loving More Conferences since 2003, done workshops at Building Bridges, the Sex Show and numerous other venues. Additionally, she was the keynote for the 2007 Florida Poly Retreat and 2005 Lady Fest Out West, a featured speaker at the 2005 and 2006 Poly Living Conference, the 2006 and 2007 Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality’s (Quad S) West Conference, guest lecturer at the University of Colorado Boulder, Denver University and Metropolitan State College. Robyn is currently in negotiation to act as a consultant for an upcoming Polyamory Documentary.
Media appearances include the following:
* Baisden After Dark 2008
* The Montel Williams Show 2007
* Tyra Banks Show 2006
* CBN News on The 700 Club 2005
* Special Guest on Michael Baisden’s Radio Show 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
* Out of the Box Radio
* Irish Radio 2009
* Culture Shocks with Barry Lynn 2007
* Santita Jackson Show 2007
* Steve Douglas Radio Show 2006
* KOA Talk Radio Denver 2006
* Allen Colmes Show 2005
* The John McMullen Radio Show 2005
News Paper/Online Magazines
* ABC News Polyamory: When One Spouse Isn't Enough, 2009
* Maariv (Tel Aviv News) 2009
* MomLogic.com, A Husband, Three Kids, and Two Boyfriends???, 2009
* Gardianul (Romania) New Fashion marriage, marriages of three “triads”, 2009
* The Hartford Courant, One Woman, Many Loves 2008
* Washington Post, Pairs With Spares, 2008
* Salon.com Whole Lotta Love 2008
* Boulder Daily Camera, Love by the numbers, 2006
* Mountain Xpress, A big, big love, 2006
* Chicago Sun Times, Hers, hers, his and hers: 'Poly people' claim deep connections with multiple partners, 2006
* Baltimore Sun Term of Endearments 2005
* The Denver Post, Challenging Monogamy, 2005
* Oakland Tribune, East Bay serves as polyamorous draw, 2005
* Chicago Tribune, Getting any? Or many?, 2005
* Bi-Magazine, , 2005
* The Daily Kansan, The more the merrier, 2005
In her spare time, Trask enjoys traveling, anthropology, astrology, hiking, riding horses and relaxing with her family.