Join us for a day in HERstory; Get out the vote!
This from MomsRising - With an unprecedented number of moms juggling work and family on Election Day, extreme weather, and voter suppression tactics being used that often impact moms more than others, we want to make sure that every mom who is eligible to vote, can vote.
Today is Election Day, and nearly every adult in America knows it. But knowing it's Election Day and voting aren't always the same thing. After all, it can take some serious logistical planning to be able to go vote in the few hours between the end of the work day and the time the polls close at night--especially when you're juggling kids. MAKE SURE TO VOTE! (Painting of Maria Shriver by Dylan Bocanegra).
INFORMATION ABOUT STORM SANDY
- New York State has received $27,792,296 in federal Disaster National Emergency Grant (NEG) funds to hire workers who lost their jobs as a direct result of Hurricane Sandy in Bronx, Kings, New York, Richmond, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland and Westchester counties to help clean up impacted communities.
Workers interested in this program should call 1-888-4-NYSDOL (1-888-469-7365)/Website. Households that do not currently receive SNAP assistance can check their eligibility quickly and easily & apply onli
M.O.M.'s robust schedule: Warm, Dry and Safe
- Hours: Monday - Friday 10-6 (Saturday spec. events). Sunday is Family Day - 12-5 Front Desk: 212.452.9816
- Playspace $15 Adult, kids free - suggested donation
- Eat, Drink, Be Mommy Child Safety Event Fri. Nov.9th 4-6 (Advance tix $15-adults. Kids Free. Day of event $20
- See our calendar & daily programming guide
IMOW Exhibits Continue...
Special Message - Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by Storm Sandy. More than ever we need to work together to move humanity forward towards a kinder, gentler, greener civilization. Do whatever you can, every day. Together we are strong. M.O.M. Loves You! Joy Rose
Annual Conference May 2-4, 2013 Call for papers. More
Joy's Blog at Working Mother Magazine - Why I Come To Work
CONTACT US: 877.711.6667
Motherhood Foundation is a certified nonprofit 501c3.
DONATE and add your name to our recognition wall. Thanks to all who have supported us thus far!
Mama Blogger 365
Amy Simon Coming to NYC, Sat Nov. 17th 7PM. Buy Tix here.