Solar Festival of Aries
“I come forth and from the plane of mind I rule.”
March 23, 2016
The exact day and times for the full moon of Aries are as follows:
|PDT||March 23, 2016, at 5:02 AM|
|MDT||March 23, 2016, at 6:02 AM (Arizona only is 5:02 AM Mountain Standard Time)|
|CDT||March 23, 2016, at 7:02 AM|
|EDT||March 23, 2016, at 8:02 AM|
|GMT||March 23, 2016, at 12:02 PM|
Well here we are in the first sign of a new zodiacal cycle! The Sun entered Aries at the Vernal Equinox on the Saturday, the 19th of March at 10:31 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. The exact full Moon time contact for Aries, in Arizona, occurs at 6:02 am March 23rd. A moment of full illumination on the threshold of what is to come. This is a time to orient ourselves to the future, to a new vision. Aries is a sign of the initiating Will. It brings in new energy and creative potential. So let’s open up to anything in our lives that carries the seeds of beginning. If you could remake your life how would you want it to be? What would you want the world to be like?
- March 20 - March Equinox. The March equinox occurs at 04:30 UTC. The Sun will shine directly on the equator and there will be nearly equal amounts of day and night throughout the world. This is also the first day of spring (vernal equinox) in the Northern Hemisphere and the first day of fall (autumnal equinox) in the Southern Hemisphere.
- March 23 - Full Moon of Aries. The Moon will be located on the opposite side of the Earth as the Sun and its face will be fully illuminated. This phase occurs at 12:02 UTC. This full moon was known by early Native American tribes as the Full Worm Moon because this was the time of year when the ground would begin to soften and the earthworms would reappear. This moon has also been known as the Full Crow Moon, the Full Crust Moon, the Full Sap Moon, and the Lenten Moon.
- March 23 - Penumbral Lunar Eclipse taking place at 3º17'. A penumbral lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes through the Earth's partial shadow, or penumbra. During this type of eclipse the Moon will darken slightly but not completely. The eclipse will be visible throughout most of extreme eastern Asia, eastern Australia, the Pacific Ocean, and the west coast of North America including Alaska. (NASA Map and Eclipse Information)
- April 7 - New Moon of Aries. The Moon will located on the same side of the Earth as the Sun and will not be visible in the night sky. This phase occurs at 11:24 UTC. This is the best time of the month to observe faint objects such as galaxies and star clusters because there is no moonlight to interfere.
- April 18 - Mercury at Greatest Eastern Elongation. The planet Mercury reaches greatest eastern elongation of 19.9 degrees from the Sun. This is the best time to view Mercury since it will be at its highest point above the horizon in the evening sky. Look for the planet low in the western sky just after sunset.
- April 21-22 - Full Moon of Taurus. The Moon will be located on the opposite side of the Earth as the Sun and its face will be fully illuminated. This phase occurs at 05:24 UTC. This full moon was known by early Native American tribes as the Full Pink Moon because it marked the appearance of the moss pink, or wild ground phlox, which is one of the first spring flowers. This moon has also been known as the Sprouting Grass Moon, the Growing Moon, and the Egg Moon. Many coastal tribes called it the Full Fish Moon because this was the time that the shad swam upstream to spawn.
In the sign of Aries Hercules carried out his first labour, his first act of service. Of course he was untried and inexperienced, so as you can imagine, he got a few things wrong. His task was to capture a herd of wild horses, the man-eating mares of Diomedes, the son of Mars. Diomedes was breeding war horses, and following their natural instincts the mares had ravaged the marshlands and killed many people. Hercules asked his friend Abderis to help him. They cornered the mares in a field and tried to drive them through a gate. But Hercules was over-confident of his own power, while Abderis was fearful of the task. The horses bolted and trampled Abderis to death. Hercules eventually recaptured the mares, however the first labour ended in partial failure with the death of his friend.
The mares of Mars represent the lower nature which will not be tamed, will not be directed through the gate of initiation. Hercules failed out of the pride and over-confidence of the mind. Abderis failed because of the fear that dominated his emotional body. When we start out in the sign of new beginnings, these are often our failings.
Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, rules the head, ideas and the processes of thought. Hercules the neophyte has a lot of positive enthusiasm for his task, but clearly he is dominated by the ‘brood mares of the mind’, the illusions of his own power and abilities. He does not realise that his task is really to tame the mind to become the white steed of the soul obedient to divine inspiration; for in its highest expression Aries brings the divine Idea into manifestation.
Mars the God of War (and war horses!) rules Aries exoterically. As it happens, at this full Moon of Aries, Mars is in Sagittarius, which at one time was symbolized by the centaur, a half-man, half-horse. Later the symbol changed to a white horse with a rider. And today, in this era, the symbol is changing into an arrow flying to the Sun. This is a great location for Mars to be for the Aries full moon chart and its relationship to the Sun for it increases its potency. You will notice that Mars is in square to the planet Neptune, which indicates confusion, delusion and illusion in the arena of taxes, as well as in all things relating to politics with regard to the U.S. presidential nominee selections as Mars climbs its way over to the planet Saturn. The eighth house, which holds Mars and Saturn in the Aries full moon chart, is the house of resurrection and transformation, indicating an “old order passes away and a new one begins.” There is, in other words a renewal as well as destruction.
In the book Esoteric Astrology, by the Tibetan D.K., he says of Sagittarius:
“Where is the animal, O Lanoo? And where the Man?
“Fused into one, O Master of my Life. The two are one. But both have disappeared and naught remains but the deep fire of my desire.
“Where is the horse, the white horse of the soul? Where is the rider of that horse, O Lanoo?
“Gone toward the gate, O Master of my Life. But something speeds ahead between the pillars of an open door – something that I myself have loosed.
“And what remains to thee, O wise Lanoo, now that the horses of two kinds have left thee and the rider, unattached, stands free? Now what remains?
“Naught but my bow and arrow, O Master of my Life, but they suffice, and, when the right time comes, I, thy Lanoo, will follow fast upon the shaft I sent. The horses I will leave upon this side of the door, for them I have no further need. I enter free, regain the arrow which I sent and speed upon my way, passing from door to door, and each time the arrow speeds ahead.”1
Mercury, the Messenger of the Gods, is the esoteric ruler of Aries. Mercury orbits close to the Sun and can ‘bring the light’ down to Earth. Mercury rules the higher intuitional mind. It steadies the wild horses. At this full Moon chart of Aries, Mercury is at two, nearly three degrees of Aries. Since Mercury is the underlying energetic force behind our manners of communication, and Mercury is in the sign of Aries, ruled by that red hot planet of Mars, words can too easily take on a demeanor for which we may pay dearly later in the year. So, keep tempers in check, using the higher mind of Soul to orientate power with balance.
Our solar system (our Sun’s family), along with our Sun, moves through space every thirty days, entering into the electromagnetic field of one of these constellations of the zodiac. The cycle of the full moon is the period in which our Sun aligns itself with the energy flow of the constellation, transmitting the energy to the Earth as well as to the other planets in our solar system.
Actually, during the days of the full moon, and most especially at the exact time of the full moon, an incredible harmonization that takes place. This harmonization takes place among the disciples in the world; the Hierarchy, Shamballa and humanity, plus the Sun; the constellation in which the Sun is found in that month; and two other planets.
This month there is a fiery harmony taking place between our Sun and Aries, and the two planets Mars and Mercury, and our Earth. There is also a triangle of forces that affect us during the Aries period, the triangle that is made of the Great Bear, Pluto, and Aries. This triangle has its correspondence with Shamballa, the Tower, where the Will of God is known.
Imagine that this great cosmic symphony is performing in concert right now, playing the “Harmonies of the Cosmos,” and we are the listening-receptive audience!
It is such a magnificent and deep mystery to which we are holding audience, yet so few people in the world today are cognizant of its esoteric significance.
For example, the Great Bear. The Great Bear is supplying our solar system with Its energy. What does this mean? According to the Tibetan D. K., “The energies coming from the Great Bear are related to the will or purpose of the solar Logos and are to this great Being what the monad is to man. Its seven-fold unified energies pass through Shamballa.”2
Aries is the flame that ignites the Jewel in the Lotus, the unfolding human soul. As the full moon of Aries approaches, let us all sound daily, Om Mani Padme Hum, which means “Salutations to the Jewel in the Lotus.” To sound this ancient mantram is to acknowledge the Divine Archetype within the Core of the Lotus.
Om Mani Padme Hum by Nicholas Roerich
The Jewel is the Core of the human being, our Monad. Not only during the new moon and full moon of Aries will we have an opportunity to awaken this Center, but during this and the coming eleven months, extraordinary opportunities may await us to awaken and unfold our Divine essence. The Jewel is your real essence. This full moon really concentrates upon that essence.
YOU ARE INVITED
You can also join us for weekly (Sunday) live-stream Webinars by going to the WMEA website and registering at the link: http://wmea-world.org/live.html.
Joleen D. Du Bois, president and founder
White Mountain Education Association