|The St. Gerard House family wishes you a Happy New Year! 2016 was a blessed year for our families, children and team. We shared much laughter, prepared and enjoyed many meals at Feed the Need Culinary, watched many students and participants make huge strides and witnessed small miracles for many in their journeys with autism. Thank you for the many ways you support this mission!|
|Celebrate Mardi Gras with us at Wild Wing Cafe - South Asheville on February 28, 2017, 6 - 9 pm. Enjoy delicious cajun buffet, beer, wine, live music, live auction and more! Tickets are $30 in advance. 100% of ticket and auction proceeds go straight to St. Gerard House programs. Let the good times roll and support a great cause!|
|Christmas at St. Gerard House|
|Red Lentil GF/CF Winter Soup|
|Red Lentil Recipe:|
3 tablespoons olive oil, more for drizzling
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Pinch of ground chile powder or cayenne
1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups water
1 cup red lentils
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Recipe courtesy of The New York Times
- In a large pot, heat 3 tablespoons oil over high heat until hot and shimmering. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, cumin, salt, black pepper and chili powder or cayenne, and sauté for 2 minutes longer.
- Add broth, 2 cups water, lentils and carrot. Bring to a simmer, then partially cover pot and turn heat to medium-low. Simmer until lentils are soft, about 30 minutes. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Using an immersion or regular blender or a food processor, purée half the soup then add it back to pot. Soup should be somewhat chunky.
- Reheat soup if necessary, then stir in lemon juice and cilantro. Serve soup drizzled with good olive oil and dusted lightly with chili powder if desired.
Helping young adults with autism and similar needs prepare for, find and retain meaningful employment.
For information or to register, please call Program Coordinator Julia Matthews at 828.693.4223 ext 1009
January 24 – February 28 Tuesdays & Thursdays
4 - 6 pm
For Ages 5-19
This is a special session that focuses on Internet Safety and Internet Etiquette mixed in with the regular Connect curriculum. Group members explore how the Internet offers an amazing way to collaborate with others worldwide, while staying safe through employing strategies. Classes are interactive, age appropriate, and fun!
For more information or to register, call Sharon Stokes at 828.693.4223 ext. 1010 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Workshop Night
Presented by The Exceptional Children's Assistance Center
January 16, 2017
Starting with dinner at 5:30 pm Childcare will be provided
|Are you interested in supporting our work to provide joy and meaningful outcomes to families facing autism?|
Click here to make a donation!
Read about Expanding Hope -- our first capital campaign. We're in the midst of transformative growth that will allow us to expand facilities, programs, and scholarships, and we need your help to reach our goal of raising $500,000 more.
For more on naming opportunities, planned giving and other charitable opportunities, contact:
828-693-4223 ext. 1005
|St. Gerard House is a great place to volunteer for joyful experiences and learning opportunities. We serve a variety of age groups through multiple programs.|
If you are interested in learning more, please call us at 828-693-4223 or send us an email: email@example.com