Friday, April 26, 2019
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Winterowd Fine Art
701 Canyon Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Left - Right:
- Birdcage Dress, cast bronze, mixed media, 15.5 x 8 x 8 in.
- Pearls of Wisdom, cast aluminum, pearls, wire, 5.5 x 4.5 x 10 in.
- Artemis Apron, cast glass, light, 16 x 8.5 x 8.5 in.
Linda Mae Tratechaud strives to create art that addresses the everyday interactions of the female experience. She is especially interested in how Women intersect with the world around them and negotiate their personal power. Weaving metaphor into tangible objects addresses social constructs, human emotion, and precarious relationships. This creative process is a path to self-discovery while she accesses her intuitive and authentic voice. Through these evocative figure-less garments Linda Mae celebrates historical and mythical women: Eve, Elizabeth, the Mary’s, and other influential women, whose narratives have often been written by men.
Winterowd Fine Art will also host a special Mother’s Day event on May 12 titled "Art and Poetry about Women,” featuring Linda Mae and three poets (Megan Baldrige, Kristin Barendsen and Sylvia Ramos Cruz)
Left - Right:
- Nursing Gown: Let Them Eat Cake, cast glass, mixed media, 14 x 14 x 12 in.
- Justice, cast bronze, cast glass. mixed media, 14 x 7.5 x 8.5 in.
- I Never Promised You , 10.5 x 11.5 x 13 in.
Learn More about Linda Mae Tratechaud: