|We Love Pets, Just Like You..|
Happy July Everyone!
As the 4th of July is quickly approaching, remember to follow the safety tips listed below. More pets go missing between July 4th and 6th than any other time of the year. Keep your pets indoors and read our article below for some fantastic training tips to help your dog cope.
We'll be having another Pop Up Pack Walk coming up so please join us!
We are looking for a few new pet sitters. Who do you know in the Suwanee, Buford, Flowery Branch areas? Someone who has a passion for pets AND people. Someone with a strong work ethic and a team spirit. Someone who would like to earn income doing something they love! Is it you? Someone you know? Send them our way by having them fill out our online pre-application... click here https://gooddogcoaching.com/career-opportunities/ to start.
Do you have a selfie with your pet? Post on our FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM pages to share, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Enjoy a happy, fun and safe 4th of July holiday!
Hugs and Happy Tails,
Owner-Good Dog! Coaching & Pet Care
email@example.com Forward to a Friend
UNLEASH THE HAPPY!
National Lost Pet Prevention Month: Learn more HERE
UPCOMING LOCAL EVENTS:
- ID your Pet Day, July 1st: Learn more HERE
- Independence Day, July 4th
- All American Pet Photo Day, July 11th: Learn more HERE
- National Pet Fire Safety Day, July 15th: Learn more HERE
- National Craft for your Local Shelters Day, July 21st. Learn more HERE
- No Pet Store Puppies Day, July 21st. Learn more HERE
- National Mutt Day, July 31st: Learn more HERE
- Pop Up Pack Walk! Sunday July 7th at 9AM, Alexander Park, 800 Old Snellville Hwy, Lawrenceville 30044
- Repticon Atlanta, July 27th from 10:00am - 5:00pm & July 28th from 10:00am - 4:00pm @ Gwinnett County Fairgrounds: Learn More HERE
- Doggie Tales- Gwinnett County Library-Centerville Branch 10:30 am. Have a tail-wagging good time while practicing reading skills! Children ages 5-10 are invited to read to a friendly dog. The dogs are trained and registered members of Therapy Dogs International Chapter #193. The purpose of Doggie Tales is to help children enjoy and practice reading skills.Learn more HERE
Sunday July 7th
9:00AM at Alexander Park
800 Old Snellville Hwy, Lawrenceville 30044
Social Dogs Welcome, Join Us!
What’s a Pop Up Pack Walk?
An impromptu group of dog loving people and dog loving dogs coming together for a howling good time as we enjoy the sights and sounds at beautiful Alexander Park.
In Case You Missed it...
Training Tip Tuesday Video Series
Dog Training Tips, Q&A
|TRAINING TIP TUESDAY VIDEO SERIES... |
ARE YOU USING A PRONG COLLAR?
DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SIZE, FIT AND USE IT PROPERLY FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT FOR YOUR DOG AND MAXIMUM CONTROL FOR YOU? View Video Here
If you have a dog training question, visit our facebook page and post it or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN?!!
Time to cast your vote for Best of Gwinnett. We've been awarded this prestigious honor since 2011 and we need your help to reach our goal of BEST OF GWINNETT IN 2019.
VOTE FOR US BY CLICKING HERE!
We love and appreciate each and every one of you!
We'll be working hard today and every day to live up to our
BEST OF GWINNETT title.
Good Dog! Spotlight: Pet of the Month
This is Dakota. She's a Yellow Lab who loves to have fun exploring her yard. Her favorite game is playing fetch her with her stuffed duck, which is exactly what she was bred to do!
The Labrador Retriever was bred to be both a friendly companion and a useful working dog breed. Historically, he earned his keep as a fisherman’s helper: hauling nets, fetching ropes, and retrieving fish from the chilly North Atlantic. Today’s Labrador Retriever is as good-natured and hard working as his ancestors, and he’s America’s most popular breed. These days the Lab works as a retriever for hunters, assistance dog to the handicapped, show competitor, and search and rescue dog, among other canine jobs.
FIDO & JULY 4TH FIREWORKS - 6 SIMPLE SAFETY TIPS
| More pets go missing July 4th through the 6th because of Fireworks. Sadly, on average only 14% are returned to their owners! |
Here are 5 Simple safety tips about Fido , July 4th fireworks and how to minimize the trauma.
- DESENSITIZE YOUR DOGS. Prior to these events, work to teach them not to be afraid. You can do so by doing obedience training, using positive reinforcement with food. You can download fireworks sounds from the net, play them very quietly at first while you have your dog do simple tasks such as sit, down and place drills (lots of repetition). Gradually (over time) increase the volume while training. Use high value treats, hot dogs, boiled chicken etc. You can actually teach your dog to like the sound because it has a positive association with food. When you get a new puppy, start right away. This can be a life saving training exercise!
Sitter Spotlight: Joni Cooper
JONI COOPER – PET SITTER/DOG WALKER/PRIVATE DOG BOARDER
Joni has lived in Suwanee, GA for 18 years. She grew up in Wisconsin and has migrated to the warmer weather! Joni grew up with dogs and cats, and that childhood love for animals has remained strong. Joni has raised and trained large family dogs including German Shepherds and Weimaraners, and loves all ages and sizes! She has fostered for the Georgia SPCA and has experience giving medications. Currently she owns a cat named Dash. She looks forward to meeting your furry family and welcoming them into her home!
Learn more about all of our awesome pet sitters here.
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM? CLICK HERE
|Keep up on what is happening over at Good Dog!|
Coaching & Pet Care by liking our page. It is a great way to see what we do. You may even see photos of your sweet fur babies! Click here.
Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake
by Southern Living
Fresh summer berries and homemade frosting combine for a summertime dessert with patriotic pizzazz.
Why Hire a Professional Pet Sitter vs a Neighbor or Friend?
|Summer is here! You've made plans to travel but who will care for your loved ones? I mean, the furry loved ones???|
You want your pets to be more than just "taken care of" right? You want them to be happy! Professional pet sitters like us connect and bond with your pets. We love what we do and your pets pick up on that. It makes them feel relaxed and loved.
Isn't that what you want when you can't be there?
Mention our newsletter and Get two FREE Pet Visits Now! CLICK HERE
or call us now to get all your questions answered happily.
It would be our pleasure to serve you!
"Victory is in having done your best. If you’ve done your best, you’ve won." - Billy Bowerman