JANUARY at IN BALANCE YOGA - HELLO 2020
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM ALL OF US AT IBY
| STILL SPACE AVAILABLE - ONE WEEK AWAY|
KUNGA 200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
6 MONTH JAN - JUNE 2020
JANUARY – JUNE WEEKEND DATES
(6 month format)
Jan 10 – 12
Feb 21 - 23
March 20 – 22
April 17 – 19
May 8 – 10
June 12 – 14
****MAKE UP SNOW DAY WEEKEND
****May 29 – 31
**Payment Plans available**
3 WEEK IMMERSION SUMMER
July 13 - 31, 2020
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
|KUNGA ANATOMY OF YOGA WORKSHOP WITH JESS HARTMAN: 1/3 - 1/5|
Friday, 1/3, 5:00 - 9:00 pm
Sat., 1/4, 12:00 - 7:30 pm
Sun., 1/5, 9:00 - 5:00 pm
- how to prevent injuries
- how to modify poses for injuries
- how to use asana, pranayama and meditation as therapy
|YOGA IN PARADISE|
WINTER RETREAT IN COSTA RICA
JAN 18 - 24, 2020 w/ KEALA & KRISTIN
(Only a few spots remaining)
Retreat includes 7 days and 6 nights full of nature, yoga, incredible food, daily beach trips, adventure, reforestation project, and plenty of time for relaxation, hiking,
hammocks, reading, massages, or whatever you choose.
Plant-Based Retreat with 3 Vegan Meals per day.
Click Here to Register or Learn More
|JOIN OUR KUNGA 300 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM|
12 Kunga 300 HR Weekend Modules & Dates with Kunga Faculty: Kirstin, Noelle, Nicole, Lisa, Jess & More:
- Anatomy of Yoga (1/3 - 1/5)
- Detox Vinyasa Yoga (1/31- 2/2)
- Vinyasa / Sequencing*** (3/5 - 3/8)
- Restorative (4/3 - 4/5)
- Senior Yoga (5/1 - 5/3)
- Pre & Postnatal Yoga (6/5 - 6/7)
- 5Elements Flow & Ayurvedic*** (7/9 - 7/12)
- Kids Yoga (8/14 - 8/16)
- Service Leadership/Yoga for PTSD & Special Populations*** (9/17 - 9/20)
- Gentle + Meditation (10/2 - 10/4)
- Hands On Assisting*** (11/5 - 11/8)
- Yoga Business Basics (12/4 - 12/6)
***= Four Core Kunga Curriculum Modules
15% off to Kunga & IBY 200 HR Graduates
Scholarships and Payment Plans Available
|WISHING YOU A GREAT JOURNEY IN THE NEW YEAR - FROM JEANMARIE|
|Happy New Year!!!|
… and now what?
It’s the official “end” to the holiday season, and an official start to a new decade and a new year. Time for setting intentions, goals and plans - that often fall off after an initial rush of energy and optimism.
So why is this particular date so ideal for goal setting, when in reality January 1st is just another day on the calendar? Because really, that’s all it is. The first day of the New Year is steeped in tradition as a time of fresh beginnings - a global, cultural norm that we hold. The official date for us to put a stake in the sand and say “there… that’s what I want/where I want to be/ what I want to change.”
Now, don’t get me wrong. I am all for the potential and positivity that comes with our desires for a new year. I love the period of reflection that the Winter Solstice brings and the ideas formed as to how I can move forward and continue to evolve this sometimes-crazy-always-interesting story of me… just as you are evolving the magnificent story that is you.
Humans are intentional in nature. It’s how we live our life. Our actions all stem from intention - be it the intention to get out of bed in the morning, to have coffee or tea - even the intention to sit and intend nothing through meditation is intention! In yoga, we call this Samkalpa. It informs both the smaller desires we often deem as inconsequential or mundane (as those I just mentioned) and the big, potentially life-altering intentions that may underlie your New Year’s Resolution.
Resolutions can be big picture (I want to be more joyful in the New Year) or myopic (I will get that closet cleaned out in 2020). There is no difference between the two. It’s simply the stake we have placed in the sand, and our desire to maintain our focus there. Should be a no-brainer, right?
Yet, as we all know, it’s often not that simple. So how can we make the changes… to continue to evolve our story in the new decade with awareness and consistent effort? To actually see the resolutions through???
Here are some things that have been helpful to me and clients that I have worked with in the past:
Lastly - and most importantly - know that you can be or do or have whatever you desire. You placed your stake in the sand for a reason. The goal is one thing. What you learn about yourself in the process of moving toward that goal? Well, that’s everything.
- Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. Let’s say that I want to give up sugar for the new year. I wake up and say “I will not have sugar today… no sugar for me.” All the mind hears is SUGAR. And you can be sure that before the end of the day arrives, I would be seeking out that something sugary. Instead, if I wake up and focus on eating nutritious foods, lots of veggies… chances are I will do much better in holding to my resolution.
- Keep your resolution simple to lay a foundation, and then build on it. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you don’t have to fulfill your resolution by January 1! If you have been challenged with resolutions in the past and want to take something on in 2020, start small. Get used to the small change in behavior… and when you feel confident to add to the mix, go for it. Which leads to…
- Understand that it generally takes around 3 weeks to change a behavior (or become comfortable with the process of changing it). So for a few weeks you may need to navigate temptation a bit more actively. Your mind is setting up new habit patterns and instilling them while letting go of habit patterns that you are deactivating (by changing your thoughts in line with the new habit you are creating). Just as a path that is walked consistently becomes more defined, after a few weeks you will feel the new behavior is easier to implement.
I wish you a great journey in the New Year!
~ Jeanmarie (email@example.com)
|REDUCED HOLIDAY SCHEDULE NOW - 1/19|
FULL SCHEDULE BEGINS 1/20
Happy Holidays from In Balance Yoga -
please check our online schedule for our reduced schedule throughout the holidays or for inclement weather cancelations.
|STUDIO ETIQUETTE REMINDERS|
|- Please arrive 5 - 10 minutes early & check in with us at the front desk|
- Keep electronics in the lobby and not in the studio - help us unplug for class and provide a distraction-free space for all to relax
- Shoes, coats and other personal belongings go in lobby or restroom cubbies
- Save Conversations for the lobby vs inside the studio to be mindful of those in deep relaxation
|IBY HAS TWO LOCATIONS: |
MAIN LOCATION: 1512 N. MAIN ST.
IBY @ VTCRC: 1900 KRAFT DR. SUITE 109
IBY MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES BOTH LOCATIONS OR JOIN OUR @ VTCRC MEMBERSHIP (ONLY):
$44 / MONTH
|BECOME AN IBY MEMBER: |
MONTHLY RECURRING PAYMENT $90 / MONTH OR
ANNUAL ONE TIME PAYMENT
IBY Membership: Monthly Recurring Payment or
IBY Membership: Annual One Time Payment
Unlimited Monthly Yoga at N. Main
Unlimited Monthly Yoga @ VTCRC
10% off of Retail
5% off of Workshop
1 Free Guest Pass Per Month
Investment - Monthly
$90 / Month Recurring Payment
Practicing at least 8 x / Month = $11.25 per class
Investment - Annual One Time Payment / One Year
$995 (One Time Payment): $995 ($82.91 / Month)
|NEW TO OUR RETAIL - COMING SOON|
Onesies - for baby yogis:
Newborn sizes & 6 - 12 months
Colors that will be available:
Banana, Chill / Indigo, Lavender / Purple
In Balance Yoga
Full Zip-Up Hoodies
Color: Classic Navy Heather
|GIVE THE GIFT OF HEALTH |
Gift Cards for sale in any amount. Purchase online, at the front desk or call us:
(540) 961 - 1030
We have yoga mats and hot yoga towels for purchase in our retail as well as yoga clothing, In Balance Yoga branded items, jewelry, and other local consignment items.
|YOGA FOR RECOVERY WITH JENNIFER SPEIDEN|
1st & 3rd Sunday's
4:00 - 5:30 pm
@ VTCRC: 1900 Kraft Dr. Suite 109
1/5, 1/19, 2/2, 2/16, 3/1,
3/15, 4/5, 4/19
Donations Based - Pay What You Can
$5 - $15 Recommended
But No One Turned Away
Sign Up Ahead of Time Not Required
Yoga for Recovery is a group sharing circle followed by an intentional, themed yoga posture & movement, breathwork, and meditation practice that serves to embody the ideas explored in the circle. Modeled on the Yoga of 12 Step Recovery (Y12SR) training - informed by the latest research in neuroscience & trauma healing while combining the somatic approach of yoga with the cognitive approach of the 12-step recovery model.
Y12SR is for anyone dealing with their own maladaptive or addictive behaviors or anyone who is affected by those behaviors in others. It serves to deepen any work participants may be currently doing and help support the journey of self-discovery. “All A’s are welcome!”Click Here for More Information
|SAVE THE DATES: JIMMY BARKAN BACK AT IBY|
BARKAN METHOD 26 & 2 TRAINING: 8/2 - 8/8, 2020
HOT FLOW 2 - SET TRAINING: 6/13 - 6/19, 2021
|FIRST FRIDAY 20% OFF OUR 10 CLASS PASS|
OR $12 / CLASS WITH DISCOUNT
|UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & EVENTS|
|INTERESTED IN AN INTERNSHIP AT IBY?|
We are looking for Student Interns for IBY for Spring 2020 & Summer 2021
Please contact us if interested:
(540) 961 - 1030
|KUNGA JOURNEYS SERVICE RETREAT TO INDIA |
WITH NICOLE & LISA: MARCH 4 - 14, 2021
Join In Balance Yoga Studio for our 2nd Kunga Journeys Service Trip to India -|
Hassan & Mysore. We will stay at Homes of Hope Orphanage for the first 5 days working with the girls, participating in yoga with them on the terrace, completing a service project and sharing love, spending time with & supporting the girls. The second leg of our journey takes us to Mysore for cultural exploration.
$500 deposit required to reserve your space
Please email us to register, find out more, or be on our interest list: firstname.lastname@example.org
|JANUARY KUNGA MONTHLY THEME: |
SAUCHA - CLEANLINESS
|The first niyama is saucha, which is taught as – cleanliness – of the body, heart, mind and environment. Saucha/Cleanliness is taught as both inner and outer practices.|
|PLEASE WRITE A GOOGLE REVIEW FOR IBY|
Please let us know if you have difficulty posting a review or if you have feedback for us anytime. Thank you for your support & Namaste.
|HAZELBEA - WEEKLY DELIVERY PICK UP POINT |
@ IBY: 1512 N. MAIN - DELICIOUS VEGAN OPTIONS
10% OFF the ENTIRE MONTH OF NOVEMBER
Weekly meal delivery with pick up location at In Balance Yoga - 1512 N. Main St.
1. Choose the meals you want by Sunday at 5:00 pm
2. Choose the number of servings for each meal
3. Pick up Dinner Monday night from: IBY 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Click Here for More Information
|Hope to practice with you soon. Thank You For Your Continued Support.|
|If you have any questions, please let us know.|