As we all enjoy the beautiful weather and look forward to the quickly approaching patio season, help me take a moment to recognize the year round efforts by the Ozark Blues Society Board of Directors. Current board members are Liz Lottmann, Kenny Hackman, Bill Baird, Sandy McCann, Roy McCann, Bruce Barton, Bruce Bennett, and Ed Eaves. With a couple recent board members moving on to other things, we are still looking for interested folks in NWA to join us. The board meets the second Tuesday of most months in Springdale at the Holiday Inn. Our meetings reflect the basics of running the society, but more importantly focus on various events we produce or partner with other groups to produce. The current board would be most honored to have you attend next week's annual meeting and board elections. Read on below
for more details about the meeting,
and thank YOU, members and
sponsors, for partnering with us to
Keep the Blues Alive!
This week's new feature piece is
about an "Event of the Week" that takes place this weekend and features one of our ongoing corporate sponsors. Interested? Read on for all the information about this week's featured event. Remember we are looking for those who would like to have an event or concert promoted in these feature articles. We are accepting submissions by email from blues artists, local blues supporting venues, and OBS members. Submitted events must include a copy and paste ready description to be considered. In the case of multiple events held on the same day, the newsletter editor may choose (space available) to highlight more than one event, but reserves the right to select one from those available. To have your event considered, please email Sandy a paragraph or two and any links to your event/band. You may also submit a photo or event graphic.
Feel I am missing an event? Just
click the link below to email Sandy.
And always remember, this is YOUR newsletter! Please send feedback or suggestions our way. You can reach me by email at the address below. We appreciate our readers and want
to see your ideas included!
of the Week
Customer Appreciation Day
Please join us in celebrating
this special day with one of Ozark Blues Society's corporate sponsors!
The following is from www.downtownbentonville.org
We love our customers!
Join us for our Customer Appreciation Day event all day Saturday, March 7th!
Check out some of our deals including:
20% off sheet music
(Teachers get an additional 20% off!)
Strings - Buy 3 Get One Free!
Sticks - Buy 3 Get One Free!
Buy any Instrument, Get 30% off accessories!
Yard sale in front of the store, starting at 50% off!
Enter raffles to win shirts, effects pedals, gift, cards, ukuleles, and more!
Paul Reed Smith
How it’s Made Clinic
USA Core Models sold at discounts
BBQ Blues Boys food truck will be here!
Ozark Blues Society
Please join us for our annual meeting
and board elections this coming Tuesday, March 10, 2020. The meeting will begin
at 6:15 and will be held at the Holiday Inn in Springdale. All current OBS Memberships may vote in the election
of 2020 officers. Want to vote but not
a member? You can join on Tuesday before the meeting! For the office of
Vice President, Sandy McCann is the unopposed incumbent nominee, for Secretary, Kenny Hackman is the unopposed nominee. Bill Baird has accepted the nomination to fill the final year of the unfilled 2-year term
of Treasurer. That position, along with
the position of Board President, come
up for election next year (odd years.)
We are still accepting nominations for
the board of directors.
We are seeking a minimum of two additional board members, so nominations for these positions will remain open until filled. Those being nominated for all positions must hold a current membership in OBS, but a new/renewed membership may be initiated for a nominee who is not currently an active member. If would like to nominate someone (or yourself) for the open board of directors seats, please email Bruce Barton
2/28 - 3/07
Please enjoy the following listings comprised of bands, venues, and/or organizations that support Ozark Blues Society. Always check with individual venues for event details and schedule changes.
- Full House for Happy Hour at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville
- Jenna and the Soul Shakers at JJ's Grill and Chill on Steamboat in Fayetteville
- Scout Shannon and the Willing Decievers with Becky Adams at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- Ashtyn Barbaree and Phillip at Ramo d' Olivo in Bentonville
- Blue Muse at JJ's Grill and Chill in Bella Vista
- Buddy Shute and the Motivators at New Delhi Cafe in Eureka Springs
- The Hydramatics at Lefty's on Greenwood in Tulsa
- Blues City Limits at JJ's Grill and Chill on Steamboat in Fayetteville
- Testify SRV Tribute with Nathan Bryce and Loaded Dice at Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- Key and Al at Ramo d' Ollivo in Bentonville
- Jon Dooly at Fred's Hickory Inn in Bentonville
- Arkansas Music Works Customer Appreciation Event in Bentonville
- The Lyrique Quintette at Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall at UA in Fayetteville
- Luck of the Irish for Bentonville Beer and Hymns at Bike Rack Brewery in Bentonville
- Richard Burnett at JJ's Grill and Chill on Steamboat in Fayetteville
- UA Symphonic Band and Red Band at Faulkner Performing Arts Center UA in Fayetteville
- Jim Mills at JJ's Grill and Chill on Steamboat in Fayetteville
- UA Wind Symphony and White Band at Faulkner Performing Arts Center UA in Fayetteville
- Vince Turner at JJ's Grill and Chill in Springdale
- Lila Downs at The Momentary in Bentonville
- Brick Fields Blues Therapy at Moranos in Fayetteville
- Richard Burnett at JJ's Grill and Chill in Fort Smith
- Burford and Miller at Pedaler's Pub in Bentonville
- Earl and Them and Mudhawk for Happy Hour at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville
- The City Girls at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- Candy Lee at Ramo d' Olivo in Bentonville
- John Moreland at Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- Tony Alvarez at Ramo d' Ollivo in Bentonville
- TJ Scarlett at Fred's Hickory Inn in Bentonville
- Aces and Eights Duo at The Nines in Bentonville
- Anna Meredith at The Momentary in Bentonville
Mark Your Calendar
- 3/20 Elton John Tribute at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- 3/21 Cate Brothers 50 Year Celebration CD Release Party at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville
- 3/21 Ian Moore and Day After Sunday at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- 3/28 Western Swing Rules Band at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- 4/2 Dawson Hollow at The Meteor Guitar gallery in Bentonville
- 4/5 Stephen Carr Memorial Benefit at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville
On this day
in Blues History
Today’s show features music performed by Fats Domino
“Music should be made to make people forget their problems, if only
for a short while.”
Blues Education Supporters
Check Out these regular local radio programs
"The Generic Blues Show" hosted by Paul Kelso airs every Friday night at 9pm on KUAF 91.3FM
Rockin' Hog Radio presents "Sunday Morning Blues" from 8am to 10am every Sunday
Get Involved with the Ozark Blues Society
Annual membership levels begin at $15 and give you so much in return, including meeting new friends while enjoying the best blues artists in the area.
By being a member of The Ozark Blues Society of Northwest Arkansas, you are helping to support the Arts and to preserve the Original American Art Form known as The Blues.
Membership Benefits Include:
Opportunities to win tickets to events
VIP seating at events (when available)
Discounts on OBS merchandise
Social networking – meeting other people who also love the blues
Opportunities to volunteer on OBS committees and at events
Ability to attend board meetings and vote on upcoming organizational issues and elections
Visit our Website to renew or join! Ozarkbluessociety.org