|Protocol Update & New Hours Starting Monday|
We will be CLOSED Fri. & Sat, July 3-4 to allow our staff some much deserved R&R! We've all worked extremely hard this spring and are looking forward to a little time off.
Starting Mon, July 6, our hours will be Mon-Sat: 9-6,
closed Sunday. Our staff arrives prior to opening to allow time to clean and sanitize before customers arrive.
Thank you for your consideration of other customers and our staff members. We want everyone to feel safe during their visit to Reems Creek Nursery. We are still operating with a smaller than normal staff and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding. Our heartfelt thanks for your enthusiasm and support during this challenging time.
- New NC Executive Order #147 states “Retail businesses must have all customers wear face coverings when they are inside the establishment and may be within 6 feet of another person, unless the customer states that an exception applies." The order goes on to require us as a business to require masks be worn by all staff and customers, whether inside a building or outside in the open.
- Please help us comply with this Order by wearing a mask while shopping with us.
- Please keep 6’ away from other customers and staff as much as possible.
- Please stay home if you have a fever, a cough, or are sick.
- Please leave dogs home during this time to prevent congestion.
- Please load your own bagged goods at this time
- Cashiers are located outdoors.
- We have expanded our cleaning routines and we offer a Sanitation Station near our checkout.
|FROM WILMA: Ditch lily, railroad lily, and tawny lily are a few of the common names for Hemerocallis fulva, the orange daylily that is flowering now. In addition to the common daylily, there are several other species and over 80,000 cultivars. They are not a true lily but a member of the Asphodelaceae family. Hemerocallis means “beauty and day”.|
There are gorgeous plantings of flowering daylilies along the highways around Asheville. Just down the road from our Garden Center is Blue Ridge Daylilies, which features thousands of daylily varieties that are now at their peak of bloom. A treat to visit and open to the public for the next few weeks!
Robert Selman and Eric Simpson of Blue Ridge Daylilies have hybridized many named cultivars - some of which are named for locals including our own 'Tanya LaCorte' (pictured above right).
P.S. Wilma is being modest...there is also one named 'Wilma R. Penland' (pictured below - in Wilma's home garden with bee balm).
Mon-Sat:10-6 thru July 2
Closed Fri, July 3
Closed Sat, July 4
Happy July 4th to all.
Enjoy the holiday!
We are CLOSED both Fri. and Sat, July 3 & 4, to allow our staff some much deserved R & R! We have all worked extremely hard this spring and are looking forward to a little time off. We will open back up on Monday, July 6 at 9 am.
New Hours starting Mon, July 6:
|30% Off ALL SOLAR including Solar Lanterns, Solar Mobiles, Solar Yard Art, Solar Statuary, Solar Spinners, Solar Pathfinders and more! Thru Thursday, July 9.|
70% Off Veggie Starts
Tomatoes, Peppers and more veggies are now 70% off!
This Wed, July 1, the Weaverville Tailgate Market will be at West Funeral Home, 17 Merrimon Ave.
Next Wed, July 8, Weaverville Tailgate Market will return to Reems Creek Nursery. Their hours are 2:30-6 pm. You’ll find yummy local food, locally produced products and more. Find out more on their website or their Facebook Page.