|76 Monticello Rd. Weaverville, NC 828-645-3937 www.reemscreek.com|
HOURS: Mon - Sat: 9-6 Closed Sunday
|Edibles for Fall Gardening|
|25% Off All Perennial Grasses & Carex|
|Spotlight on NATIVE GRASSES:|
Perennial Ornamental Grasses offer year-round interest, movement and texture in the garden, and enhance habitat for butterflies, pollinators, and songbirds.
Little Bluestem in foreground, Panicum in background at Sierra Nevada Brewery, interplanted with Liatris...a dazzling planting!
Prairie Dropseed, Sporabolus heterolepis
Fine tufted texture with green arching leaves that turn a golden orange color in fall, airy panicles in mid-summer, 1-2’ tall x 2-3’ wide, plant in full sun. Attracts songbirds & pollinators. Deer resistant, tolerates clay and black walnut. Zone 3-8
Big Bluestem, Androgogon gerardii - ‘Raindance’
A bunch grass with blue-green foliage (with red tinges), green to reddish panicles in late-summer, 1-2’ tall x 2-3’ wide, plant in full sun. Host plant for several skipper butterflies . Deer resistant, tolerates clay and black walnut. Zone 3-8
Switch Grass, Panicum virgatum – ‘Dallas Blues’, ‘Heavy Metal’
Wide-bladed, blue-green foliage with open airy panicles in mid-summer, 3-6’ tall x 2-3’ wide, plant in full sun. Host plant for butterflies and moths. Attracts songbirds. Tolerates clay and black walnut. Zone 4-9, Panicums have been widely used in the Lurie Garden in Chicago and the High Line in New York City.
Little Bluestem, Schizachyrium scoparium – ‘The Blues’
Upright, densely mounded, electric blue spring foliage color shifts to grey-green leaves with tinges of lavender, fluffy silver seedheads, and coppery fall foliage. 2-4’ tall X 2-3’ wide, plant in full sun. Attracts butterflies, pollinators and songbirds. Tolerates black walnut and clay soil. Zone 4-10.
Pink Muhly Grass, Muhlenbergia capillaris – ‘Pink Cloud’
Stiff upright straight leaves with long blooming frothy pink flowers in late summer/fall. 3-4’ tall x 3-4’ wide, plant in full sun in moist to dry soil with excellent drainage. Good cut flower, deer resistant. Zone 6-11. Especially striking when massed.
Beautiful companion plants include Liatris, Echinacea, Coreopsis, Joe Pye Weed, Black-eyed Susan, Swamp Sunflower, Asters, Helenium, and many more.
Ornamental grass provides lovely structure and movement in the winter garden. Cut perennial grasses to the ground in early spring before new growth occurs.
Pink Muhly Grass
|25% OFF Seasonal Paper Party Napkins - Make your staycation more festive with these adorable napkins. Nice variety of colors, patterns and vibes.|
25% OFF Selected Wind Chimes - Enjoy the calming sound of chimes in the summer breeze. So many choices…you are sure to find the perfect chime to match your outdoor space. You’ll even enjoy these as the weather cools through your open windows.
25% OFF Pillows & Rugs - Many rich patterns and designs. Some are indoor/outdoor, some indoor only. Cheer up your sofa or brighten up your floor!
|Expanded Hours: Mon thru Sat: 9-6, Closed Sunday|
Thank you for your consideration of other customers and our staff members. We want everyone to feel safe during their visit to Reems Creek Nursery. We are still operating with a smaller than normal staff and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding. Our heartfelt thanks for your enthusiasm and support during this challenging time.
- NC Executive Order #147 states “Retail businesses must have all customers wear face coverings when they are inside the establishment and may be within 6 feet of another person, unless the customer states that an exception applies." The order goes on to require us as a business to require masks be worn by all staff and customers, whether inside a building or outside in the open.
- Please help us comply with this Order by wearing a mask while shopping with us.
- Please keep 6’ away from other customers and staff as much as possible.
- Please stay home if you have a fever, a cough, or are sick.
- Please leave dogs home during this time to prevent congestion.
- Please load your own bagged goods at this time
- Cashiers are located outdoors.
- We have expanded our cleaning routines and we offer a Sanitation Station near our checkout. Our staff arrives prior to opening to allow us time to clean and sanitize before customers arrive.
Join Reems Creek Nursery on:
|Now at Reems Creek! Visit Weaverville Tailgate Market every Wednesday from 2:30 to 6:00 at Reems Creek Nursery. Find out more on their website or their Facebook Page.|