- Rabies is a contagious and fatal viral disease of dogs, cats and other mammals that causes madness and convulsions.
- A scratch from an infected animal can spread this deadly viral disease from animal to animal or animal to person.
- The most common carriers of rabies in Florida are coyotes, bats, foxes and – most frequently – raccoons.
- Squirrels do not carry rabies despite popular belief.
- Diseased animals may salivate excessively or "foam at the mouth."
- Vaccination of pets is the first line of defense against rabies. A 3-year rabies vaccine is the most effective means of protecting your pet.
Report wildlife bites or scratches to Animal Services If bitten or scratched by a raccoon contact the bite department at (727) 582-2608.
A Doodle is a cross between a Poodle and another dog breed. Labradoodles, Goldendoodles, Aussiedoodles, Oodles, Poos, Schnoodles —the list of fun names for these designer dogs or hybrids goes on and on.The original Doodle was a Labradoodle, bred in the early 1980s in Australia. The goal was to create an allergy-free guide dog for a vision-impaired woman, whose husband was allergic to dog hair. Doodles are not truly hypoallergenic but most produce less allergen components and shed less than other breeds.
SEPTEMBER 1ST IS GINGER CAT DAY! DID YOU KNOW...
- Ginger cats can have an orange, red, or yellow-colored fur? Pheomelamine is the pigment responsible for the ginger color in cats. The amount of this pigment reflects how intense the ginger color of the cat is.
- Ginger cats are more likely to be male than female? This is because the “ginger gene” which produces the orange color is on the X chromosome.
- The ginger coat comes in 5 patterns? Classic or swirled, mackerel or striped, spotted, ticked and patched.
- Ginger cats are all considered Tabby cats? They all have the “agouti” gene, but all tabbies are not orange. One characteristic to look for in tabby cats is an “M” marking on their forehead.
Hi, my name is Lucy and I am a 7-year-old Pug. Mom found an ad for me in the paper that led her straight to me! My favorite things to play with are stuffed animals. One time, my family ordered a pizza and when they weren't paying attention I climbed up on the table and ate a slice! I can't behave when I smell pizza, can you? My most embarrassing moment so far in life was sneezing in a stranger's face while she was saying hello and petting me. That is not so bad right, I mean I am a Pug?! It is ok for Dr. Daniels to know that my favorite treats are greenies chews. I am so spoiled that I get to sleep on my very own extra large round dog bed in the living room.
WE NOW OFFER
AS A FORM OF PAYMENT
MAKE FINANCING SIMPLE WHEN YOU NEED TO PAY OVER TIME.
FLEXIBILITY TO PAY IN 12 MONTH, 24 MONTHS FOR SURGERIES & LARGER PROCEDURES
NO HARD CREDIT CHECK
TEXT PLAN to 97364 or visit scratchpay.com to begin our 90-second application.
SWEET WAYS TO REMEMBER
PETS THAT ARE GONE
- Frame a photo of their nose or paw print. This company turns the photo you send into a print.
- If your heart still aches months or years after, ask a friend or family member to join you for a meal and reminisce sweet and/or funny stories.
- Plant a living memorial in honor of your pet.
- Adopt or rescue another pet and honor your pet by sharing your love with another cat or dog that needs a home. Remind yourself that each pet experience is different and don't adopt until you're sure you have no transferred expectations.
- Place their collar in a unique place in your home.
- Out of the box MEMORIAL IDEAS
JOIN THE FUN & FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IN HONOR OF ANIMAL PAIN AWARENESS MONTH HERE ARE THE SIGNS OF PAIN IN CATS & DOGS. IF YOU SUSPECT YOUR PET IS IN PAIN, PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. 727-584-8370