This weekend is Halloween! Everyone loves a good scare on Halloween, but not when it comes to the safety of those little trick-or-treaters. Fortunately, there are lots of easy things parents and kids can do to stay safe on the spookiest of holidays.
For areas that are allowing trick-or-treating during the pandemic, here are a few safety tips from Safe Kids Worldwide to ensure a safe Halloween:
- Carry glow sticks or flashlights, use reflective tape or stickers on costumes and bags, and wear light colors to help kids see and be seen by drivers.
- Join kids under age 12 for trick-or-treating.
- Slow down and be alert! Kids are excited on Halloween and may dart into the street. Turn on headlights early in the day to spot kids from further away.
- Remind kids to cross the street at corners or crosswalks.
- Be sure to maintain social distancing at all times and everyone should be wearing a mask!
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!