|76 Monticello Rd. Weaverville, NC 828-645-3937 www.reemscreek.com|
HOURS: Mon - Sat: 9-6 Closed Sunday
Time to get festive for the Holidays!
Poinsettias - Beautiful Selection!
Christmas Cactus - Full of Blooms
Paperwhites & Amaryllis
Cyclamen - A Variety of Colors
Trees & Wreaths
Garland & Greenery
|NEW ADDITIONS from Local Artists!|
We have some beautiful original paintings by Albert Woods, a local quadriplegic artist. Read more about Albert who paints with a brush held in his mouth!
We also just hung Stained Glass Christmas Ornaments by local artist, Beth Brown.
|Visit Santa this Saturday - Bring the Kids!|
|Visit Santa Claus from 10-2, Sat. Dec. 5|
Get Jolly! Bring the kids to visit with Santa Claus & write down a Christmas list to send to the North Pole this Saturday! Santa will be here from 10-2 and Ho-Ho-Hoing in a socially-distanced way.
We’ll also be serving refreshments and giving out Door Prizes every half hour during Santa’s visit.
| When It Clouds Up on a Frost...|
|FROM WILMA: "When it clouds up on a frost there will soon be snow” is a bit of weather lore. Early last Sunday morning there was a heavy frost under clear skies. Within a short time clouds moved in and by Monday afternoon snow began to fall. |
December 1st is considered the beginning of meteorological winter and with snow and freezing temperatures winter did seem to arrive on that day. At both the Farm and Garden Center we were scurrying around checking anti-freeze in vehicles, disconnecting water hoses, and securing greenhouse plastic. At home I added extra covering to a planting of greens and carried a bag of potting soil into the basement for a small houseplant project I have in mind. Frozen potting soil is no fun!
The snow and colder weather can put us in a holiday mood. One of the best places for inspiration is our Garden Center with locally grown Christmas trees, wreaths, cut greenery, poinsettias, etc. Browse through the Garden Shop for gifts, decorations, and much more.
|The Alpacas Come Back on Dec. 12!|
|Sat. Dec. 12 |
Did you miss the Alpacas and the Kettle Corn the first time around?
Bring the kids…
Alpacas & Leisa’s Kettle Corn Food Truck are coming a second time!
Really cute live alpacas from Last Penny Farm will be visiting Reems Creek Nursery from 10-2 on Sat. Dec. 12. In addition, Leisa’s Kettle Corn Food Truck will be here selling Kettle and Caramel Corn, Boiled Peanuts, Porkskins, Hot Chocolate & Coffee, Cinnamon-glazed Nuts and more (yum!). There are rumors that Santa Clause will be here too!
Along with the alpacas, Erin Greene of Last Penny Farm will be bringing alpaca fiber farm goodies for sale – including hats, gloves, scarves, socks, farm-produced yarn, and bird nest balls.
Please remember your mask and practice social distancing both inside and out.
|Hours: Mon thru Sat: 9-6, Closed Sunday|
- NC Executive Order #169 state "Face coverings are still required in public when it is not possible to maintain social distancing from non-household members. In Phase 3, this requirement applies to any public place or business, indoor or outdoor." Link to full NC Executive Order #169.
Thank you for your consideration of other customers and our staff members. We want everyone to feel safe during their visit to Reems Creek Nursery. Our heartfelt thanks for your enthusiasm and support during this challenging time.
- Please help us comply with this Order by wearing a mask while shopping with us.
- Please keep 6’ away from other customers and staff as much as possible.
- Please stay home if you have a fever, a cough, or are sick.
- Please leave dogs home during this time to prevent congestion.
- Please load your own bagged goods at this time
- Cashiers are located outdoors and indoors.
- We have expanded our cleaning routines and we offer Sanitation Stations near our checkout stands - inside and outside. Our staff arrives prior to opening to allow us time to clean and sanitize before customers arrive.
|Visit Weaverville Tailgate Winter Market every Wednesday from 2:00 to 5:00 at Reems Creek Nursery. Find out more on their website or their Facebook Page.|