|76 Monticello Rd. Weaverville, NC 828-645-3937 www.reemscreek.com|
HOURS: Mon - Sat: 9-6 Closed Sunday
INSPIRATION...Come visit the Monarch butterflies feeding on the Tithonia just behind the Garden Shop - get a little thrill before they are gone! They are hard to capture with a camera because they fly quickly and dart around, but your eyes can marvel at them!
Along with many Monarchs we’ve seen Black Swallowtails, other butterflies, and lots of different bees visiting the Tithonia (Mexican Sunflower) and the Basils in that flowerbed. The Tithonia is over seven feet tall!
Get those fall veggies planted! You'll soon be harvesting delicious salad right from your garden.
We have a good supply of veggies that were sustainably raised on our farm using organic methods. Shop for red and green lettuces, escarole, Asian greens, broccoli, kale (Dinosaur, Red Russian and green curly), kohlrabi, mustard, turnips, baby bok choy, Swiss chard, and more.
You can also plant many herbs now including rosemary, parsley, chives and cilantro (surprisingly cold hardy). In the Garden Shop, we have garlic for planting now and harvesting next summer.
Fall is for Planting!
In case you are wondering, fall is an excellent time to plant trees, shrubs, and perennials. When you plant now, that new plant will spend the winter rooting in and will be better established when springtime arrives.
Take note of the trees, shrubs, and perennials with pretty fall color and be sure to add them to your garden - a treat that will brighten your fall every single year.
Pansies and ornamental kales & cabbages add even more color. They work well in your flower beds and in your container gardens...it's time to spruce up those porch pots!
Evergreens Hold Down the Fort!
After the leaves fall, we suddenly realize the important role evergreens play in our landscape. They shield us from unwanted views and are the backbone of the garden after deciduous plants drop their leaves. Their foliage softens the winter garden, provides shelter for birds and wildlife, and buoys up our mood in wintertime.
New Crop Garden Mums - Budding Up!
These garden mums are super budded up and some are showing color. add some great fall color to your porch or garden!
These beautiful nice fat 8" Mums are a great price!
8" Mums: $7.99 each, or...buy 5 or more at $6.99 each. Smaller and larger sizes also available.
Perennial Mums are Here!
Budding up and starting to show color - perennial mums are late bloomers that add big flower power to the fall garden. They spread nicely, are loved by pollinators, and make a fantastic cut flower too! Choose from Ryan's Pink, Magenta, and Single Apricot.
Pansies & Violas
These tough little flowers will bloom in the fall and again in the spring until around the end of May. Plant now!
New Books Hitting the Shelves!
Inspiration for grownups and kids - gardening books, cookbooks, mushroom books (including Paul Stamets!), books about cut flowers and wreaths, field guides, hiking books, storybooks, activity books, and more tempting titles! They are making their way to the shelves now...just in time for the gift-giving season.
Great books for Grownups!
Fun books for Kids!
SALE - Water Gardening
- 30% Off Water Plant Care products, Pond Care products, and Fish Care products. Shop for anything you might need to keep your fish happy, your pond clear, your plants healthy, and your pH where it needs to be.
- 30% Off All Water Plants. Plants give your pond or water feature interest and beauty!
- 30% Off Butterfly Koi. Supply is limited, shop soon!
The Perennial Area Looking Colorful
Gourds and Ornamental Corn, Plus a Great Selection of Pumpkins
|Fall is the Prettiest Time!|
|FROM WILMA: Roberts Cove in the Beech Community is where I grew up and where Bill and I and other family members now live. Our Farm Greenhouses are also located there. These days I love turning onto Roberts Cove Road and taking in the beauty of fall color beginning to show in the Cove.|
My mother lived in Roberts Cove much of her adult life. Even with diminishing eyesight in her late nineties, she would exclaim “our Cove certainly is beautiful this fall”. Roberts Cove is always beautiful but especially so in fall.
Native trees like maple, sourwood, dogwood, beech, oak, and black gum grow in the Cove. In addition to their beauty, they are important trees for birds and other wildlife. The Garden Center is well stocked with these and many other native plants – now is a great time to plant!
|A Songbird in My Garden - This Saturday!|
A Songbird in My Garden
Zoom Online Workshop
Sat. Oct. 16 at 10 am
With Chris Davenport
Songbirds fill the garden with life and beauty! One garden at a time, let's create environments that nurture and sustain them!
Consider humankind’s age-old love affair with birds. Looking back and moving forward – we’ll discuss our relationship with birds – their allure, how the past choices have led to dramatic declines in bird populations, and most importantly, how our choices today...read more and register.
Covid Mask Update - Masks Required Indoors
Thank you for your continued consideration of other customers and our staff members. Your support during this time has been amazing and we appreciate each and every one of you.
- All people 5 years and older, regardless of vaccination status, are now required to wear a mask in all indoor public spaces in Buncombe County.
- Details: On August 18, 2021, the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners declared a Local State of Emergency requiring residents and visitors in any indoor spaces in public spaces to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others. Effective immediately, indoor public spaces include business establishments, offices and workplaces, public transportation facilities and vehicles, and any indoor place the public is invited and allowed to enter and gather. The order applies to all people who are at least 5 years old, and face coverings are recommended for all people over the age of 2.
- Please stay home if you have a fever, a cough, or are sick.
- Link to full list of NC Executive Orders.