|76 Monticello Rd. Weaverville, NC 828-645-3937 www.reemscreek.com|
HOURS: Mon - Sat: 9-6 Closed Sunday
We Are Plant People - Going Strong Since 1979
In case of inclement weather, check our social media or call before visiting.
"From December to March, there are for many of us three gardens:
The garden outdoors, the garden of pots and bowls in the house, and the garden of the mind's eye." - Katherine S. White
Get growing! Plant your veggie garden in pots, raised beds, or right in the ground, and as close to the house as possible for easy harvest. Locate your garden in full sun with access to water. For easier care, water and then mulch after planting to prevent weeds. Many spring vegetables can tolerate a little shade, but most of your summer vegetable require full sun to thrive…so plan your plots accordingly.
Don’t work the soil when it is wet. When the soil is not too wet, get your garden ready for planting so you are prepared when the time comes. Then mulch until planting time to prevent weeds.
What you can plant now:
*At check-out, ask cashiers to email you a FREE How-to Garden Guide on these plants.
- Plant an asparagus* bed (a perennial vegetable). - 3 varieties of asparagus crowns in stock.
- Plant strawberries – our bare root strawberry plants have arrived!
- Plant cool season veggies - we have a delicious selection of transplants available...sustainably raised on our Farm.
- Consider a low tunnel for frost protection – easy DIY project.
- Plant regular (not sweet) potatoes* in March. Local lore says plant on St. Patrick’s Day. We have organic & conventional seed potatoes.
- Plant onions* - we have onion seeds, sweet onion plants, onion sets, transplants, and shallots in stock.
- Plant rhubarb – we have bare root rhubarb plants in stock.
- Start transplants for warm season crops like tomatoes and pepper. We have seeds and seed starting supplies.
- Plant fruit trees* & small fruit* – fruit is in high demand and selling quickly.
- Add compost to your garden beds – we love the quality of our Daddy Pete’s Compost. We also carry Daddy Pete’s Raised Bed Mix.
- Mulch prevents those annoying weeds – we carry wheat straw and bagged mulches.
|Rhododendrons & Azaleas|
New shipment of gorgeous plants for spring including rhododendron, azalea, mountain laurel, pieris, hydrangea and more.
Iseli Nursery Conifers
Iseli is famous for its specialty conifers and excellent quality. Staff looks forward to the Iseli order every year! Spruces, pines, cryptomeria, chamaecyparis, juniper, weeping pussy willow, mini-conifers and more!
Trees & Shrubs
An inspiring mix of trees like styrax, serviceberry, sourwood, dawn redwood, redbud, holly, yew, gingko, cryptomeria, and Green Giant arborvitae.
Peony & Clematis
Lots of beautiful choices! These plants are still mostly dormant but so exciting to shop for.
Including a great selection of dahlias, gladiolas, lilies, elephant ears, lily-of-the-valley, crocosmia, anemone and more!
Pansies & Johnny-Jump-Ups
Plant pansies & violas for cheerful spring color. Easter is on its way!
Books for Native Plant Lovers
Get inspired to re-wild your landscape with these books by native plant guru Doug Tallamy.
- Fertilize lawns before March 10, if not done in February, with a slow release fertilizer like Plant-tone 5-3-3, Symphony 5-4-3, or Espoma Lawn Starter 3-6-3.
- Remove or treat broadleaf lawn weeds.
- Apply pre-emergent when the forsythia starts to bloom – that means now!
- Cool season grasses like fescue and blue grass can be planted now.
Arriving Friday: More Perennials for Sun & Shade
Spring fever is hitting hard!
|Reems Creek Nursery is hiring for the 2022 Season! If you'd love to work at our Garden Center, we'd love to talk to you. Please fill out this employment application and bring it into our Garden Shop during business hours, Mon-Sat: 9-6.|
|Seed Starting Workshop - Class is full!|
Reems Creek Nursery
Sat. March 5, 2022
10 - 11:30
If you can't attend please let us know so someone can have your spot. Thanks!
Thank you for voting us #1 Nursery in WNC!
Our customers are the best.
We appreciate each and every one of you!