|76 Monticello Rd. Weaverville, NC 828-645-3937 www.reemscreek.com|
HOURS: Mon-Sat: 9-6 Closed Sunday
We Are Plant People - Going Strong Since 1979
Beautiful New Shipment from the West Coast!
|Conifers & Japanese Maples|
Gorgeous shipment from the West Coast including some great conifers and lovely Japanese maples, plus much more. The Japanese Maples are available in a variety of sizes.
Additional shipments have arrived too. We're looking really lush and beautiful here at the Garden Center.
Crape Myrtles are the perfect yard tree with striking summer blooms, showy bark, and fall color! Available now: 3-gallon, 7-gallon & 15-gallon sizes.
Whether in your flower beds or your porch pots, it's time to add summertime color to your landscape. Shop our bedding plants, individual plants and pre-made porch pots and pull together a garden look that is going to make you feel happy every time you see it. Annual flowers will give you color all season long.
Our Perennial Department is packed with beautiful choices including pollinator plants and native plants.
Mixed Pot - Annual Color
Marigolds - Annual Color
Dianthus - Perennial Color
New Pottery Shipment!
Fabulous glazed pottery has finally arrived after shipping delays! These stunning pots add style and color - indoors and out!
This garden "tool' is a staff favorite that makes watering go faster and is easier on the plants. You'll see us using these watering wands all over the Garden Center every day. They're indispensable! Different from a gun style, wands lay more water down with less force and can be more targted...so your plants stay happy.
- Water newly planted trees, shrubs, and perennials 2-3 times a week deeply for the whole first year.
- Water annuals on a regular basis.
- Check hanging baskets and container gardens daily. During the hottest part of the year, hanging baskets may need water twice daily.
- Veggies and lawns need one inch of water per week. Get a rain gauge!
- Roses like generous, but not swampy, water. Re-blooming roses that are not blooming well may not be getting adequate water.
Great walking sticks make hiking easier. Pick out your favorite, and head out and about in style!
Kira is ready for hiking!
Veggie Starts, Herbs, & Sweet Potato Slips
The ground is warm and it is time to plant. Eat well this summer...cause homegrown is the tastiest!
We're re-stocked on sweet potato slips!
Herbs - Purple Basil
- Mushroom logs (pre-inoculated) have been re-stocked.
- Sweet potato slips have been re-stocked!.
- Wisteria' Amethyst Falls is back in stock (a native variety).
- Tomato cages make everything easier...great for tomatoes, peppers and eggplant! We have galvanized + fun colors!
Did you know? Ladybugs will eat 50 or more aphids per day. If they lay eggs on your plant, when the eggs hatch their larva will eat aphids with great enthusiasm too!
For best success:
1) Refrigerate your ladybugs until you release them.
2) Lightly mist them with water before placing them in the refrigerator.
3) Before releasing them, lightly mist the plants you intend to release them on - so they'll have a drink of water right away.
4) Release them at dusk. They may fly away if released mid-day.
5) Release them at the base of plants or in the lower branches. They will crawl up higher looking for aphids.
6) Don’t release ladybugs onto plants that have been sprayed with an insecticide. Safer Soap or oils won’t leave a toxic residue, so they are ok once they have dried on the plant.
Don't kill them! Ladybug larva are called aphid lions because they love eating aphids.
Plant Clinics: Visit the Buncombe County Master Gardeners PLANT CLINICS at the Asheville City Market to find answers to all of your gardening questions and concerns. Visit during market hours on May 28, June 25, July 30, and August 27.
Asheville Blue Ridge Rose Society Annual Rose Exhibit
The North Carolina Arboretum
May 28 & 29 from 9-5 https://wncroses.com/
Weaverville Tailgate Market: Every Wednesday from 3 – 6 located at the Weaverville Community Center at 60 Lakeshore Drive.
Speaking of Gardening: Early bird tickets to the Speaking of Gardening Symposium (on Friday & Saturday, August 12-13) are now available. More info and register HERE.
Bee City USA - Asheville: 10th Anniversary Yearlong Pollination Celebration with a yearlong calendar of events to celebrate Asheville's 10th anniversary as a Bee City USA affiliate.
Thank you for voting us #1 Nursery in WNC!
Our customers are the best.
We appreciate each and every one of you!