Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce that our HO scale Pullman-Standard PS-2CD 4000 covered hopper is back and is available now in NINE new paint schemes! (Only 5 are shown above!) One of the most highly-demanded freight car models in today’s marketplace, and never before available in HO scale plastic, our Pullman-Standard PS-2CD 4000 covered hopper is available for sale NOW at www.tangentscalemodels.com!
As a refresher, Pullman-Standard originally produced these distinctive covered hoppers between 1962 and 1964, and they remained in service throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico until the early 2000s wearing both Class 1 and lease paint schemes. The Tangent Scale Models HO-scale replica is a perfect addition to your layout or collection. Our NEW Ready to Run product release for May 2010 includes the following NINE roadnames:
- Burlington Northern (BN) in the traditional “full-scheme” gray paint with large BN logo and lettering, available in 2 road numbers
- Burlington Northern (BN) in the “Initial-scheme” gray paint, available in 2 road numbers
- Chicago Great Western (CGW) in the characteristic gray “original paint” scheme with a beautifully replicated “Lucky Strike” CGW logo, available in 6 road numbers
- Chicago & North Western (CNW) in the characteristic gray carbody color with a industry leading “ball and bar” on the carbody in black and white, available in 6 road numbers
- Chessie System C&O in the bold “federal yellow” color with industry-leading fonts and “Chessie cat” on the carbody, plus “enchantment blue” trucks and underframe, available in 4 road numbers
- Milwaukee Road (MILW) in the striking “original gray” color scheme with highly-accurate “Milwaukee Road” lettering on the carbody, available in 4 road numbers
- Northern Pacific (NP) in the 1950s throwback “original gray” color scheme with distinctive “Northern Pacific” lettering on the carbody, available in 4 road numbers
- Rock Island (ROCK) in the “THE ROCK” paint scheme with distinctive black and white “R” logo, available in 3 road numbers
- Frisco (SLSF) in the distinct “original gray” color scheme with the large and distinctive black “SLSF” lettering on the carbody, available in 3 road numbers
Roads still in stock:
- Atlantic Coast Line (ACL) in the bright “original yellow” scheme, available in 12 road numbers
- Great Northern (GN) in the “original gray” scheme, available in 4 road numbers
- Southern Pacific (SP) in the “H-100-9R” 1970s repaint scheme, available in 10 road numbers
Features for these replicas uphold the quality standards introduced on our previous PS-2 4000 release, including:
- Highly accurate “true to life” colors
- Exact fonts and lettering placement
- Multiple road numbers for each scheme
- Etched metal running boards
- Wire detail parts to withstand handling and provide uniform paint color
- Road-specific details for each scheme
- “Narrow appearance” coupler box with Kadee® scale couplers
- Metal wheels in high quality Tangent Scale Models trucks
Pricing for RTR models is $42.95, with recently-lowered discounts for quantities of 6 and 12. Mixing and matching of paint schemes is encouraged, including mixing with our PS-2CD 4740 covered hoppers, our other covered model which remains available in a handful of highly accurate schemes.
For those interested in Undecorated kits, we offer a restock of our PS4000 Undecorated kit; look for those in early summer. We also offer RTR Undecorated models as well.
That wraps up our update for today! Oh, and if you plan to attend the NMRA National Train Show this summer in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, please drop by and introduce yourself. You can pick up some of these spectacular replicas there!
We thank you for continuing to support the little guys in our big industry!