|Stability, Balance and Orientation in Motion|
Stability, Balance and Orientation in Motion with Moti Nativ
Crystal City, Virginia.
If you need to improve your balance, then please sign up immediately for this workshop. Please note there is also an option to attend one day only. Super Early Bird has been extended to April 15th.
Moti is a certified Feldenkrais practitioner and a well-known and much respected martial artist http://www.bujinkan-israel.co.il/46250/--Moti-Nativ, Since 1975, Moti has focused on the traditional kata of the Bujinkan Schools, analyzing the ancient techniques and performing the Shingen gata (practical combat). Moti is proficient in Budotaijutsu/Ninjutsu, Judo and Krav Maga.
Moti will bring us back to the early work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais that led him to develop his Method for learning and self-education, starting from his personal research into self-defense, the martial arts and learning to harness one's own power. Moti
Moti has developed new lessons and concepts, going through the baby's developmental stages to adult erect posture and movement in daily activity and in a changing environment.
Testimonials from last year's workshop:
We will explore more of Moshe Feldenkrais' genius work, discovering and using our real potential and power to move effortlessly and without strain.
- "Improved stability, turning more easily - seeing the world in a new way."
- "I'm a Feldenkrais practitioner and this was such a treat to attend a workshop where all I had to do was pay attention to my own movements - I felt so fluid and alive afterwards."
- "I feel like I could dance for hours after this!"
- "It was all I had hoped for and more - Moti is a wonderful teacher. I am walking more easily, and I enjoyed the exciting lessons. I would absolutely come again!"
- " I have been taken aback by Moti's ability to teach ATM lessons that are "beginner lessons" In such a profound way that I am having a completely novel experience."
- "I was very touched by Moti speaking about how he works with seniors, and he makes it clear that there is an entire range of usefulness to everyone in all of these movements."
- "Moti's teaching style is how I imagine Moshe Feldenkrais' teaching style was like!"
- "It's been really great - I love how he brought in the martial arts and explained it so clearly. I love Moti!"
Although it will be a challenging weekend, everyone, no matter his/her age or body condition, will safely experience and learn new movements and situations, and gradually improve their Stability, Balance and Orientation.
You will come away feeling more stable, balanced and powerful, without engaging unnecessary or parasitic muscular activity.
Moti had some very powerful personal insights when he survived a stroke three years ago. He discovered, through experimentation with Feldenkrais principles, that in order to regain stability and balance, you must learn to risk stability.
He is now stronger and has better balance than ever, and has regained full function.
Do check out my new website to stay up to date: Fit Over Forty
"Without movement, there is no life"
|April 16th - Sharing Reflexology at Stone Brier - |
May 1st - International Feldenkrais Week Workshop in Leesburg
May 15th - International Feldenkrais Week Special Event in Winchester
May 7th & 8th - Moti Nativ - To sign up
Contact me at
firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-203-2264 or 540-955-4169
Jane Johnston, BS Psy
Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner®
Aquatic Therapy and Rehab Exercise Specialist
Post Rehab Conditioning Specialist
Adapted Aquatics Teacher
Registered Yoga Teacher
Bones for Life Teacher®
Change Your Age Teacher®
"Exercise is the key to long-term management of most medical conditions."
Michael K. Jones, PhD, PT
"Walking is man's best medicine."
"If you don't know what you are doing, you can't do what you want."
In the United States of America, the following are registered service marks, collective marks or certification marks of the Feldenkrais Guild of North America: Feldenkrais®, Feldenkrais Method®, Functional Integration® Awareness Through Movement®; Guild Certified Feldenkrais Teacher®; and The Feldenkrais Guild®. The following are trademarks, service marks or certification marks of the Feldenkrais Guild of North America: ATMSM, FISM, Guild Certified Feldenkrais PractitionerCM, and Feldenkrais™. All photographs © 2007 Rosalie O´Connor. All rights reserved.