Friends of the Rivers Coalition E-Newsletter
The Rivers Coalition meeting is, Thursday, March 23rd at 11:00 am at Stuart City Hall. The meeting is open to the public and there is plenty of free parking available. Coffee and donuts will be provided.
The presentation topic for the March meeting is:
“What is a RED Herring; how to identify one and what should we do?"
"Don’t let him Distract YOU!”
Get the facts! Stay informed! Be involved!
Agenda for Thursday, March 23, 2017
11:00 am to 12:30 pm at: City of Stuart Commission Chambers:
121 SW Flagler Ave, Stuart, FL 34994
Please Silence Your Cell Phones!
- Chairman’s Comments, Call to Order: Darrell Brand
- Current Action Items: Update on SB10; Continuation of phone and letter writing to our legislators.
- Special Presentation by: Members and guests of the Rivers Coalition - What is a RED Herring; how to identify one and what should we do?
Government & Agency Progress Reports
- River Kidz of Martin County: Jacqui Thurlow-Lippisch/Nic Mader
- Speakers Bureau: Todd Weissing
- Martin County: Deborah Drum/Don Donaldson
- South Florida Water Management District: Kathy LaMartina
- Local Issues & Estuary Water Quality: Mark Perry
- WRAC “Water Resources Advisory Commission”: Mark Perry
- Indian Riverkeeper Update: Marty Baum
- Federal & State Issues-CERP/IRL & Lake Okeechobee: Kevin Henderson / Dr. Paul Gray
Highlights From February 2017 Meeting
Chairman: Mark Perry opens the meeting
U.S. Congressmen Brian Mast, Florida District 18 speaks to the Rivers Coalition
J.P. Sasser: former Mayor of Pahokee
Paul Carlisle: Glades County Administrator
Chris Costello, Sierra Club
Presentation of donation to River Kidz for "Blessing of the Fleet" by George Hohenstein, 2018 Commodore & Liz Plasket, 2017 Commodore to Darrell Brand, Past Commodore of the Blessing of the Fleet and current Director of Rivers Coalition.
Get informed, be active and be part of the solution to help our river!
Jacqui Thurlow-Lippish & Todd Thurlow introduce the new edition of the River Kidz Workbook at the February Meeting of the Rivers Coalition
River Kidz "Don't Trash It!" Event
River Kidz will be sponsoring a "Don't Trash It!" Event on Saturday April 8th.
10am-1pm at Sewall's Point Park.
Each River Kid will paint his or her very own donated bucket to collect trash in and along our waterways! Put your 'dancing shoes' on There will be dancing with 'Turn it up DeeJays'. Snacks will be provided.
Hope to see you there!!!
Youth Driven Cinema: April 21, 2017
Click here to view a copy of the Marty the Manatee Workbook!
10 Things Every River Kid Should Know!
How to Become a RiverKidz Member!
Follow RiverKidz on Facebook!
The 2017 meetings will be held at
City of Stuart City Hall – Commissions Chamber
121 SW Flagler Ave Stuart, FL 34994
Thursday, April 27 11am
Wednesday, May 31 6pm Thursday, June 22 11 am Thursday, July 27 11am
Wednesday, August 23 6pm Thursday, September 28 11am Thursday, October 26 11am
For updates you can visit our Facebook Page, click below:
Use the buttons at the bottom of the newsletter to pass this on to a friend, to subscribe or unsubscribe.
Thank you for all your support.
Editor: Jill Pinkham
PO Box 2627
Stuart, Fl 34995