We all love a deal, right? Well we have one for you! We have received an offer from Voodoo Music that will allows readers of this newsletter to receive a discount when they purchase advance tickets for the Terry Quiett Band at the Meteor Guitar Gallery on September 14th. Read on below for information about how to claim your discount. What a Deal!
Also of note, registration for the Ozark Blues Society Blues Challenge is
now open! Check out the info in
the article below or visit our website
for more information.
Finally, thanks to those who offered feedback to my ponderings of last week. Even hearing from one person that this newsletter is valued is appreciated.
Feel I am missing an event? Just click
the link below to email Sandy.
And always remember, this is YOUR newsletter! Please send feedback or suggestions our way. You can reach me by email at the address below. We LOVE our readers and want to see
your ideas included!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Ozark Blues Society
2019 Blues Challenge
It's time to enter! Registration is open until October 11, 2019 for bands and solo/duo artists who want to compete for a spot in the 2020 International Blues Challenge in Memphis in January. As an affiliate of the Blues Foundation, the Ozark Blues Society Blues Challenge will be held Friday, October 25th at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville. One band and one solo/duo act will be selected to represent Northwest Arkansas.
Please spread the word to musicians you may know who might consider entering. Information and registration are available on our website at www.ozarkbluessociety.org
Terry Quiett Band
at the Meteor Guitar Gallery
Ryan Baker of Voodoo Music Entertainment has an offer for our readers! Voodoo Music is offering a discount to readers of this newsletter when they purchase advance tickets for the September 14th Terry Quiett Band show at the Meteor Guitar Gallery. Click the following link
to tickets and enter the discount
You will be able to purchase your advance tickets for $8.00!
For 15 years the Terry Quiett Band had become a mainstay across America's Heartland. From 6th street in Austin...to the windy city of Chicago...through the mountains of Colorado...across the deserts of Arizona...jamming down on Beale Street
in Memphis...wherever they went the band
has won over young and old with their
energetic and soulful sound.
Along the way they forged a relationship with
a 13-time Grammy-winning producer by the name of Jim Gaines. Jim is a veteran of the blues industry revered for his work with
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Carlos Santana,
Steve Miller Band, George Thorogood,
Luther Allison, Albert Collins and many more.
Terry and Jim worked on 3 albums together and in those sessions really crafted the bands sound. It is a blues rockin style of music but, it's not like any other and it has a distinct sound that you will never forget. On the road they were growing fans and sharing the stage with rock and blues legends including Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, B.B King, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Johnny Winter, Robin Trower, Robert Randolph, Bernard Allison, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, .38 Special and Los Lonely Boys.
2019 International Songwriting Competition
The 2019 International Songwriting Competition will soon be underway.
Read on to find out about this
WHAT IS ISC?
ISC offers the opportunity for songwriters to be heard by an elite panel of recording artists and music executives. ISC has a total of 71 winners in 23 categories that share in over $150,000 in cash and prizes, including an overall Grand Prize consisting of $25,000 (US) cash.
AAA (Adult Album Alternative), AC (Adult Contemporary), Americana, Blues, Children's Music, Christian, Comedy/Novelty, Country, EDM (Electronic Dance Music), Folk/Singer-Songwriter, Instrumental, Jazz, Latin Music, Lyrics Only, Music Video, Performance, Pop/Top 40, R&B/Hip-Hop, Rock, Teen, Unpublished, Unsigned Only, and World Music.
To find out more information as well as see the list of music professionals participating as judges and the list of previous winners, please visit: https://songwritingcompetition.com/
Blues Music Awards
Submissions Now Open
Shared from the Blues Foundation
You may now formally submit your album for consideration via our online service.
Your complete album music must be uploaded as a WAV file with album artwork uploaded
as a JPEG or PDF file. If you need assistance with uploading your music, album artwork, and/or liner notes, please contact
- August 1 – August 31, 2019 - $155 per submission
- September 1 – September 30, 2019 - $180 per submission
- October 1 – October 15, 2019 - $225 per submission
The submission process officially closes
on October 15, 2019. You must upload your music and artwork and complete payment for your submission transaction no later than OCTOBER 15TH to be considered for a Blues Music Award nomination.
Click on the link below for submission categories and additional information.
8/23 - 8/31
Please enjoy the following listings comprised of bands, venues, and/or organizations that support Ozark Blues Society. Always check with individual venues for event details and schedule changes.
- Jesse Dan and Co for Happy Hour at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville
- Mavis Staples and many others for Root Fest in Fayetteville
- Sugar Creek at JJ's Grill and Chill on Steamboat in Fayetteville
- Jazz Night at Mojo's Pints and Pies in Fayetteville
- Smashing Pumpkins/Noel Gallagher at the AMP in Rogers
- Keith Nicholson at JJ's on the Lake in Rogers
- Juan De Hoyos at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- Jenna and Friends at Bentley's Pub in Bentonville
- Samantha Hunt at Fred's Hickory Inn in Bentonville
- Roby Pantall at Ramo d' Olivo in Bentonville
- DaleStokes, Steve and Billie at the Bentonville Tap Room in Bentonville
- Rhiannon Giddens with Francesco Turrisi and many others for Root Fest in Fayetteville
- Mary Heather and the Sinners at JJ's Grill and Chill on Dickson in Fayetteville
- Simply Seger Tribute at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- The Juice for Live on the Patio at Bike Rack Brewery in Bentonville
- Clint Scrivner at Fred's Hickory Inn in Bentonville
- Adam Johnston at Ramo d' Olivo in Bentonville
- Roots Fest in Fayetteville
- Byrne and Kelly at Sunrise Guitars in Fayetteville
- Clayton Nichols JJ's Grill and Chill in Bella Vista
- Clayton Nichols at JJ's Grill and Chill on Dickson in Fayetteville
- Debby Horn at Fred's Hickory Inn in Bentonville
- Keith Nicholson at JJ's Grill and Chill in Bella Vista
- Richard Burnett at JJ's Grill and Chill in Fort Smith
- Blues Therapy with Brick Fields at Moranos in Fayetteville
- Jim Mills at JJ's Grill and Chill on Dickson in Fayetteville
- Vince Turner at JJ's Grill and Chill on Steamboat in Fayetteville
- Jenna and the Soul Shakers at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville
- Live at the Five and Dime in Downtown Bentonville
- Serrano-Torres at Eleven at Crystal Bridges in Bentonville
- Shaw Revolver at The Nines in Bentonville
- Out of the Blue and Boston Mountain Playboys for Happy Hour at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville
- Funk Factory at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville
- Sheryl Crow and Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit at the AMP in Rogers
- Ashtyn Barbaree at Fred's Hickory Inn in Bentonville
- Candy Lee at Ramo d' Olivo in Bentonville
- Rascal Flatts with Morgan Evans at the AMP in Rogers
- Hunkr Down at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- Magnolia Road at Ramo d' Olivo in Bentonville
- Sugar Creek at JJ's Grill and Chill in Bella Vista
- Brad James Band at Warren's Rec Room in Alma
Mark Your Calendar
- 9/14 Terry Quiett Band at The Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
- 10/12 Evening of Jazz with Michael Fields at Sunrise Stage in Fayetteville
- 10/25 Ozark Blues Society Blues Challenge at Meteor Guitar Gallery in Bentonville
On this day
in Blues History
Today’s show features music performed
by Albert King and Etta James
"I figured I could do 'Its a Man's Man's Man's World', because I believe it's the truth."
Blues Education Supporters
Check Out these regular local radio programs
"The Generic Blues Show" hosted by Paul Kelso airs every Friday night at 9pm on KUAF 91.3FM
Rockin' Hog Radio presents "Sunday Morning Blues" from 8am to 10am every Sunday
Get Involved with the Ozark Blues Society
Annual membership levels begin at $15 and give you so much in return, including meeting new friends while enjoying the best blues artists in the area.
By being a member of The Ozark Blues Society of Northwest Arkansas, you are helping to support the Arts and to preserve the Original American Art Form known as The Blues.
Membership Benefits Include:
Opportunities to win tickets to events
VIP seating at events (when available)
Discounts on OBS merchandise
Social networking – meeting other people who also love the blues
Opportunities to volunteer on OBS committees and at events
Ability to attend board meetings and vote on upcoming organizational issues and elections
Visit our Website to renew or join! Ozarkbluessociety.org