Dear Creative Tribe Member,
It is my pleasure to invite you to join me in a winter retreat in enchanting Taos, New Mexico Friday - Tuesday, February 15 -19, 2019 to discover new ways to access your creative voice and make it a greater part of your life. A Valentine's gift to yourself.
There is something about a cozy winter day, surrounded by the majesty of the Sangre de Cristo mountains, snow falling outside and a fire crackling inside, high on the intoxication of being not only in Taos, but being at the Mabel Dodge Luhan house. Or maybe it's those five-star three-course meals Mabel's is famous for that inspire you to invest in a little pampering and rejuvenation.
What's in it for you?
1. The Creativity Contagion - The creative activities you will get lost in are designed to unleash your passion about the creativity you love, learn to make more time for them, as well as turn you on to new methods of creating art and writing. They go in the "backdoor" of creativity so doubts, resistance, and hesitation is whipped.
2. A Creative Voice deepened or awakened from your authenticity in collaboration with irresistible, odd-ball creative prompts that trick you into going places you may not have.
3. Easy Tools that make it easy to get started when you've been experiencing resistance, stifling perfectionism, fear, difficulty finding the time, being unfocused, or captivity to habits that don't serve your creativity. For use long after the retreat is over
4. If you don't think you are creative, you will have proof that you are. If you're a writer you will find a New Flow and discover yourself as an artist. If you're an artist you will find out how easy it is to discover words. If you are an artist or a writer you will discover new freeing techniques.
5. The Inspiration, Enchantment and Rejuvenation of being in Taos at Mabel's where many creative greats came to do the same. You will have space and time to wander creatively and physical in and around town. The Rio Grande Gorge is close-by for a thrilling experience.
6. A lot of Laughter and New Friends. My retreats attract authentic, down-to-earth, fun, unpretentious people. Several long-term friendships have started at these retreats including some of my own.
7. A Private Concert from local singer songwriter Kate Mann and cellist Mark Dudrow. They've been wowing us for the last 6 years with haunting original music as well as traditional tunes.
9. Pampering and nourishment with some of the most memorable food of my lifetime. A cozy room with lots of character and views of the plains, mountains, and the enchanting Taos sky.
This retreat is NOT about: Art or writing critique, comparison, pressure, being perfect at anything, rigid schedules and high expectations, Tupperware, pressure to be anyone or anything other than the beautiful person you already are. It's a time to relax, rediscover who you are, and explore some new tools for both a creative mind and a creative life.
Your tribe is getting together at Mabel's so the creative juju is turned up high. It could be because the energy of Georgia O'Keefe, D.H. Lawrence, Ansel Adams, Dennis Hopper, Martha Graham, and many more creative greats who have stayed there, is still lurking in the architecture. Let's swing in the rafters. It's a great way to start 2019.
 The Mabel Dodge Luhan house was a home of artist Mabel Dodge Luhan and was a haven for artists and writers. "It is one of the earliest examples of Pueblo Revival style in Taos" and was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1991. Each of the rooms is uniquely decorated and named after one of the artists, photographers, or writers who stayed there. It's kinda magical.
 For trapeze artists only.
"I thought your workshop was going to be great - I just didn't know HOW great. I've been to tons of workshops and retreats, have facilitated some myself, and yours far exceeded any expectations I had. Your ability to help us open up, use our inner demons (and joy) to expand our creativity, and grow community in only 5 days is quite amazing."
President at Look No Hands
"Wow, what can I say about an ordinary girl who thought she didn't have any creativity going to a "Creative Workshop!" In my mind, I would think "Are you crazy!" My journey through this workshop had opened a door to a world I would never have found. Thank you for unlocking my door."
"WOW!!! I feel a change in so many ways. I would not change a thing. Your gracious gifts you shared and the gifts of others will linger for a long time to come. 'WAY COOL' ;-)" ~Carol Baker
I’m still coming down from the high of the retreat. The place is without a doubt magical, but it would not be the same without Jill’s careful shepherding of the group, holding space for tapping into the parts of ourselves where the gold is, along with all of the other things we carry, keeping us focused on moving through to a place of creative fire. This was a mining expedition, a simultaneous refilling of and pulling from the well. In so much gratitude for walking alongside Jill, as our mentor, and the multitudes of wonderful, brave and talented women with whom this week was spent, and all the ghosts of the past who continue to whisper as we gather in their collective spirit, “you are a maker, so make, make!” ~Adriane Giberson, Artist, Workshop Leader, Writer