| Rejuvenate Your Creativity in the Magic of Taos! |
Saturday- Wednesday February 5-9, 2021
|"You have an unmatched ability to bring any type of person into creative welcoming and joyous space. I am so grateful to spend so much quality time working under your positive influence." ~Carlin|
"Wow, what can I say about an ordinary girl who thought she didn't have any creativity going to a 'Creative Workshop!' In my mind, I would think 'Are you crazy!' My journey through this workshop had opened a door to a world I would never have found. Thank you for unlocking my door." ~Nancy Fox
"My Taos experience was so exquisite! Jill wove such love and openness around us, allowing for a banquet of creative experiences." ~Mary Behr
Dear Creative Tribe Member,
It's been a rough year and a half. We've made sacrifices of all kinds, are grieving life the way it was, witnessing loved ones going through hardships, and isolating ourselves. Mabel's is going out of her way to make staying at her restorative house safe and friendly. I can't think of a more healing place to meet together and celebrate our creative resilience than Taos and Mabel's in the winter. This year ALL dinners will be at Mabel's.
It is my pleasure to invite you to join me in another winter retreat in enchanting Taos, New Mexico: Saturday - Wednesday, February 5 -9, 2022 to discover new ways to restore and deepen your creative self. A pre-Valentine's gift to yourself.
There is something about a cozy winter day, surrounded by the majesty of the Sangre de Cristo mountains, snow falling outside and a fire crackling inside, high on the intoxication of being not only in Taos, but being at the Mabel Dodge Luhan house where creative greats came to restore their creativity. Or maybe it's those five-star three-course meals Mabel's is famous for that inspire you to invest in a little pampering, good company and rejuvenation.
What's in it for you?
1. The Creativity Contagion - The daily immersion in healing creative activities to unleash your passion about the creativity you love, learn to make more time for them, as well as discover new methods of creating art and writing. We sneak in the "backdoor" of creativity so doubts, resistance, and hesitation are foiled.
2. A Creative Voice deepened or awakened from your authenticity in collaboration with irresistible, odd-ball creative prompts that trick you into going places you may not have. Loosen up your art, free your writing voice - especially if you have little confidence or are blocked.
3. Easy Tools that make it easy to get started when you've been cranky, experiencing the natural feelings brought up by creativity: resistance, procrastination stifling perfectionism, fear, difficulty finding the time, being unfocused, or captivity to habits that don't serve your creativity. For use long after the retreat is over reinforced with little reminder gifts.
4. If you don't think you are creative, you will go away knowing otherwise. If you're a writer you will find a New Flow and discover yourself as an artist. If you're an artist you will find out how easy it is to discover words. If you already are an artist or a writer you will discover new freeing techniques and deepen a more unique voice.
5. The Inspiration, Enchantment and Rejuvenation of being in Taos at Mabel's where many creative greats came to do the same. You will have space and time to wander creatively and physical in and around town. The Rio Grande Gorge is close-by for a thrilling experience.
6. A lot of Laughter and New Friends. My retreats attract authentic, down-to-earth, fun, unpretentious people - many introverts. Several long-term friendships have started at these retreats including some of my own.
7. A Private Concert from local singer songwriter Kate Mann and cellist Mark Dudrow. They've been wowing us for the last 6 years with haunting original music as well as traditional tunes.
9. Pampering and nourishment with some of the most memorable food of my lifetime. A cozy room with lots of character and views of the plains, mountains, and the enchanting Taos sky.
This retreat is NOT about: Art or writing critique, comparison, pressure, being perfect at anything, rigid schedules and high expectations, Tupperware, pressure to be anyone or anything other than the beautiful person you already are. It's a time to relax, rediscover who you are, and explore some new tools for both a creative mind and a creative life.
Your tribe is getting together at Mabel's so the creative juju is turned up high. It could be because the energy of Georgia O'Keefe, D.H. Lawrence, Ansel Adams, Dennis Hopper, Martha Graham, and many more creative greats who have stayed there, is still lurking in the architecture. Let's swing in the rafters. It's a great way to start 2022.
 The Mabel Dodge Luhan house was a home of artist Mabel Dodge Luhan and was a haven for artists and writers. "It is one of the earliest examples of Pueblo Revival style in Taos" and was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1991. Each of the rooms is uniquely decorated and named after one of the artists, photographers, or writers who stayed there. It's kinda magical.
 For trapeze artists only.
There will be plenty of time to wander into town to immerse yourself in the magic of Taos or even slip up to Ski Valley
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 gourmet dinners (all three-courses catered by Taos' finest chefs) in the Mabel Lodge Dining Hall.
- Lodging in one of Mabel's historic rooms.
- Writing, art, and improv workshops
- Selected materials
- Gentle Yoga Classes
- Private Sunday night Concert with an encore performance from local singer/songwriters, Kate Mann and Mark Dudrow
- See it as an investment in your creativity, connections that you will want to keep, and being alive!
|The Muse in Winter fills up quickly so if you want to join us, jump in. I limit registration to keep it intimate. Rooms are assigned on a first come basis when you register; they will be indicate as occupied if you try to reserve on-line because they are reserved for the retreat.|
The retreat begins at an optional 4:30pm Saturday night for an informal welcome workshop before our 6pm dinner and ends lunch Wednesday after a 12pm lunch. (If your travel plans make it difficult to be there at 4:30 on Friday, just try to make it for dinner).
If you want to come a day early or stay a day later, make your arrangements with Mabel's. They will give you a discount. (Please check with them for new guidelines I might not have included).
This is a historical landmark and a highly desirable destination. Dinner is catered by gourmet chefs that keep health in mind and are a $35 value (included in your cost)- and WORTH it - People are in awe of the meals, they are a big part of the nurturing experience.
PAID IN FULL
OR FOUR PAYMENTS -
plans are available until October 4, 2020
IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL
If you cancel after Oct 30 and we can fill your place, we will refund everything minus $25. If we cannot fill your spot, we cannot refund any monies due to our contract with the Mabel Dodge Luhan House.
To get to Taos you can fly into Albuquerque and take a shuttle
but often rental cars are almost as reasonable as shuttles in New Mexico so you may want to check into that. Note, that right now NM has a requirement for you to prove you are Covid-free with test results. That may change by February, or it may not.
There is a free bus from Santa Fe- take at your own risk.
If your flight arrives after dark, it is advised that you stay in Santa Fe or Albuquerque the night and drive in the morning. If you do this the first day of the retreat, you will be compensated the first night of your Mabel's stay. (but you'll miss dinner!)
Mabel's is walking distance to the center of Taos.
Also, many people return around the same time to Albuquerque so may be able to get a ride back.
Refund less $25 by October 30, 2022
After that refund only if space is filled.
Balance due 8 weeks before retreat
|"I thought your workshop was going to be great - I just didn't know HOW great. I've been to tons of workshops and retreats, have facilitated some myself, and yours far exceeded any expectations I had. Your ability to help us open up, use our inner demons (and joy) to expand our creativity, and grow community in only 5 days is quite amazing."|
President at Look No Hands
"WOW!!! I feel a change in so many ways. I would not change a thing. Your gracious gifts you shared and the gifts of others will linger for a long time to come. 'WAY COOL' ;-)" ~Carol Baker
I’m still coming down from the high of the retreat. The place is without a doubt magical, but it would not be the same without Jill’s careful shepherding of the group, holding space for tapping into the parts of ourselves where the gold is, along with all of the other things we carry, keeping us focused on moving through to a place of creative fire. This was a mining expedition, a simultaneous refilling of and pulling from the well. In so much gratitude for walking alongside Jill, as our mentor, and the multitudes of wonderful, brave and talented women with whom this week was spent, and all the ghosts of the past who continue to whisper as we gather in their collective spirit, “you are a maker, so make, make!” ~Adriane Giberson, Artist, Workshop Leader, Writer
"You have an uncanny ability to draw creativity out of everyone. I took my writing to places I hadn't thought possible at the Taos retreat. I was stuck with my art but your permission to break the rules and your off-the-wall techniques returned me to creative expression with effortlessness and fun. Thank you! Plus the FOOD - yum!!" ~Jane
"Life has it's highs and lows. This was certainly a life changing high. Yes it's better than therapy and so much cheaper! ~Sue Gilbert
"The best retreat I have ever been on. I felt loved and ready to move forward when it was over." ~Debbie
|Jill Badonsky, M.Ed. is an internationally recognized workshop leader, inspirational humorist, multimedia artist, poet, and author of four books on the creative process including the award winning The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder. Jill is the creator and trainer of Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coaching Certification Training. |
She is a certified yoga teacher and has been teaching yoga for over 30 years. This is her ninth year doing retreats at the Mabel Dodge Luhan house.