Update Existing Subscribers
About This Feature This page lets you update existing subscriber information. Fill out a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file with the information you would like to update and submitting it. It’s as easy as that!
How To Use This Feature
- Go to Subscribers on the main menu bar and select “Update” from the drop down menu.
- You will need to upload a CSV file with the correct column headings. We recommend downloading our CSV template, as it is pre-populated with the headings that our system recognizes. The download link is found at the top of the screen.
- Input the updated subscriber information in the CSV file and save the document, preserving the CSV format.
- Warning! To preserve existing subscriber data in the system, check the box next to “Ignore Blank Fields” on the Subscriber Update page. When this is not done, the system will overwrite your existing subscriber data with blanks. Nobody wants that.
- On the Subscriber Update page, click the “Browse” button to search for and select your CSV file.
- Finally, click "Upload File" when you are ready to upload. To check the progress of your upload, visit Reports → Activity.
Note: A CSV file is a spreadsheet that opens in Excel, Numbers, and similar spreadsheet programs. Your CSV file should have a heading row in the first row, and subscriber information listed as columns under each respective heading. The order and headings must be formatted precisely. Again, we highly recommend downloading the CSV template to use as a guide. This is located on the Add Subscribers page. It’s just easier that way.
Best Uses There are many reasons why you might need to update subscriber information. Perhaps a company you email has new email addresses or several of your contacts have recently updated their mailing address with you. Keeping subscriber information accurate and up to date is an important part of list hygiene (read: it helps keeps your email out of the spam folder). It’s easy if you follow the directions above. As always, feel free to contact support if you need help.